Backgammon Studio keeps improving and today I have updated the version number to 3.8 with these fine improvements:Backgammon Studio 3.8
Improvements since 3.7:
- New actiontags:
- Make an anchor or make a point - Suggested by Aurélien Bonnet.
- Give up anchor for a hit or not
- New positiontags:
- Opponent has an outfield blot.
- You have an outfield blot.
- New training tracks:
- Anchor cubed! You have an anchor and have been cubed! Surely you can take anything?
- Opposer! Slotting the 18 point can sometimes disrupt your opponents plans. Is now the time?
- Outfielder! Send a checker into the opponent outfield and pray that it survives? Could be worth a try!
- Introduction videos! A lot of introduction videos has been created to the different sections on Backgammon Studio.
- Educational videos! A new section with an overview of educational videos found on youtube.
- Incomplete match poke! The number of incomplete matches is growing rapidly in the database. Use this to get this number down!
- Large stacks with numbers should be displayed better now and also on images/thumbnails of positions.
- Added option to remove friends.
- More text area clear (thrashcan) buttons.
- You can now turn off the error feedback sounds while keeping other sounds. These can hurt a bit!
- Online DMP Champs! The online match PR list has been split into another section for DMP matches.
- Online Speed Champs! The online match PR list has been split into another section for Speed matches.
- Share positions on facebook.
- Timed training tracks now with more time! 20 seconds to come up with the right answer. Still not easy! Suggested by Michael Krakus.
- Week in review: position filters.
- If you managed to get more than 6 checkers on the bar the board graphics would break down. I did!
- You could drag&drop (tablets) checkers onto an oppoent 2+ stack. Server would reject the move as invalid anyway. Thanks Shahab!
You can now compete for the DMP champion title!
A lot of matches have been played on Backgammon Studio which is cool! But a lot of incomplete matches have also piled up. Now you can poke your opponents in these matches too.
More sweet training tracks!
A lot of cool educational videos out there on youtube! Some of them are rather hard to find so I made a section which makes them easier to find.
There are now 100 action tags which I think is pretty cool!
2 more positiontags!
Week in review got a couple of new position filters.
Over 3800 matches played on Backgammon Studio! Awesome!
There is a new Tournament champ in town and it isn't me! Sux! Must fix!
I have made a few (32+) introduction videos on different sections on Backgammon Studio.
All in all I think Backgammon Studio is making good progress but now it is time for Nordic Open! Oh yes! https://www.backgammonstudio.com
The swiss army knife of backgammon!