News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

FIBS party 2007!

Started by samirah, April 04, 2007, 08:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samirah

Finally it's set! Fibs party 2007

as always, everybody is invited.

It will be in Germany, >>> here to be precise!
http://www.ferienhausserver11.de/objekt/fotos.php?objid=382444&pid=953&lang=de&layoutname=Default

August 17-19

Looking forward to see old faces again and would be really nice to see some new faces too.  :)

Greetings,
samirah

Zorba

The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

sixty_something

:funnypost:  ... but don't forget:

:rules:  :oops: :stupid: :grrr: :tongue2: :s12: :geige: :steam: :s49: :mcdonald: :puke:

and of course:

:jump: :wub: :nr1: :sexe: :smiliecam3: :troost: :veryhappy:

wish i could be there ...

sixty :kaffeepc:
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

samirah

FIBS-Party Germany 2007

Finally it's SET! After celebrating the last FIBS Party in Switzerland, itââ,¬â,,¢s returning to Germany in 2007 and will be held from 17 to 19 August. Another major change: We (I ;-) ) decided to make the party a bit different this year - FIBS Party goes rural ;-))

Thatââ,¬â,,¢s why we rented this house:

http://www.ferienhausserver11.de/objekt/fotos.php?objid=382444&pid=953&lang=de&layoutname=Default

This will be a backgammon party with FRIENDS and everybody is invited. We have a limited space in this house - we can only accomodate 26 people, so I suggest that you reserve as soon as possible, if you are interested. (First come - first served!)

The plan is also, to cook together and have meals and drinks ready there. The price for one bed for the whole period is max. 100,- EUR plus shared costs for food and drink. The more people participate, the lower the price ââ,¬Â¦

The rooms have two to four beds, so itââ,¬â,,¢s a bit like a youth hostel. Even if you are snoring, you probably have to share a room with other FIBSters ;-)

Of course there will a tournament be held again, to decide whoââ,¬â,,¢s going to win the famous FIBS Party Challenge Cup this year. (Previous winners: Hardy_whv, amarganth, michaelsw)

The schedule for the party is as follows:

Fri, 17th August afternoon: Arrival, occupying the rooms, first come-together, dinner and backgammon

Sat, 18th August a.m.: breakfast, spare time (sport activities, walking, backgammon, etc.)

Sat, 18th August 13:00: Start of the FIBS-Party-Cup-Tournament

Sun, 19th August: chill out, departure

If required you can also stay in that house until Monday.

Thatââ,¬â,,¢s how it works: You confirm you participation here in FIBS Board or write an e-mail to Hardy_whv (webmaster@hardyhuebener.de). First come - first serve. So better make your reservation soon - but only if you are sure, you will attend!

GERMAN VERSION:

Endlich steht es fest - nachdem die letzte FIBS Party in Schweiz gefeiert wurde, kehrt sie 2007 wieder nach Deutschland zurück. Sie findet vom 17. bis 19. August statt. Eine weitere ââ,¬Å"kleineââ,¬Â Änderung: Die FIBS-Party entdeckt das Landleben ;-))

Darum haben wir diese Haus gemietet:

Es wird eine Backgammon-Party mit FREUNDEN und jeder ist eingeladen! Wir haben leider nur begrenzten Platz und können nur etwa 26 Personen unterbringen. Also solltet ihr euch schnellstmöglich anmelden!

Der Pan ist, dass wir auch zusammen kochen und Essen und Getränke jederzeit zur Verfügung stehen. Der Preis für die ÃÅ"bernachtung beträgt maximal 100,- EUR für die gesamte Party, plus das, was für das gemeinsame Essen und Trinken anfällt. Umso mehr Leute teilnehmen, um so günstiger wird das Ganze!

Die Zimmer haben bis zu vier Betten - in etwa wie eine Jugendherberge. Selbst wenn man schnarcht, muss man sein Zimmer mit anderen FIBStern teilen ;-)

Natürlich gibt es auch wieder das FIBS-Party-Turnier, in dem darüber entschieden wird, wer den berühmten FIBS-Party-Wanderpokal gewinnt. (Gewinner der Vorjahre: Hardy_whv, amarganth, michaelsw)

Der Zeitpan für die Party sieht wie folgt aus:

Fr, 17.08 nachmittags: Ankunft, Beziehen der Zimmer, erstes Kennenlernen, gemeinsames Abendessen und - natürlich - Backgammon

Sa, 18.08. vormittags: Frühstück, Zeit zur eigenen Verfügung (Sport, Spazieren gehen, Backgammon, etc.)

Sa, 18.08. 13:00 Uhr: Start des FIBS-Party-Turniers

So, 19.08.: Chill out, Abreise

Wer erst am Montag abreisen will, kann auch noch von Sonntag auf Montag dort übernachten.

Und wie meldet man sich an? Man bestätigt seine Teilnahme entweder über das FIBS-Board (in diesem Diskussionsbeitrag) oder schreibt eine E-Mail an Hardy_whv (webmaster@hardyhuebener.de). Wenn alle Plätze vergeben sind, ist es zu spät. Also möglichst bald anmelden! Die Anmeldung ist verbindlich!

Ich freue mich schon, euch bald (wieder) zu sehen!

sam

erdbeere

looking forward to the fibsparty. the last 2 were really great!
good idea with renting the house. more personal. and more bg-matches i guess! :veryhappy:
hardy, i would like to book a 2-bed-room.

see you all in august and lets  :beerdrinkers::s35: and  :nr1:
erdbeere
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

elisee

Looking forward to the fibsparty  :applaus:
     I am sure it'll be wonderful time  :s35:
     I'll be there  :thumbsup2:
     All the best to all players! See you soon !

webrunner

Will there be prices for the tournament?
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

samirah

Quote from: webrunner on April 17, 2007, 11:23:02 PM
Will there be prices for the tournament?

Hi webbie, last year we gave away some nice prices. ( ask those winners! )I hope and I'm sure we will do it again this time.  ;)

Zorba

Yep, as you might've guessed I'll be there! Any room is fine by me :laugh: :thumbsup2:
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

socksey

QuoteWill there be prices for the tournament?

Clarify for me, please.  Do you mean cost (price) for the tourney or do you mean awards (prizes)?

socksey

"Those who are incapable of committing great crimes do not readily suspect them in others." - François, Duc de La Rochefoucauld, French moralist

webrunner

Sorry, i meant prizes of course ;)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

samirah

Thank you very much socks, see, we're really not a native english speakers  :unsure:

Love,

sam  :thumbsup2:

erdbeere

is anybody planing to come with her/his child? i am thinking to bring my daughter luise with me (she is 10 years old, so not a  :rollbaby: and usualy not  :lol: ). 

erdbeere
www.backgammon-koeln.de

erdbeere

oops, i just noticed that  :lol: means lol. i thought its a shouting and crying child! so of course she IS usualy a lol-child :-)

erdbeere
www.backgammon-koeln.de

samirah

Hi erdbeere,

I think it's a very good idea! I'm looking forward to meet Luise in person! I remember we played once and she plays quite well for her age. :cool:

maybe she can join the tournament as well? (perhaps beat her mother?)   ;)

Looking forward,

sam

Noah

Hi there all fibbers,

great place and a good time to organise a meeting. I am glad it is in NordRhein Westfalen, for me in the neigbourhood again.

See you in summer...

Noah

Samirah and others thx for organising.

" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

snafu

a tourney.... lol
i'm looking forward to meet you people
;-)

Hardy_whv

Hi everyone,

after having been away for 5 1/ 2 months, I am now back to Germany, ready to continue samirah's job and prepare for the FIBS Party 2007. If there had been any mail to me, that I had not answered, please try again.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon,

Hardy  B)

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -

Hallo allerseits,

ich war für 5 1/2 Monate außer Landes und per Mail nur schlecht erreichbar. Jetzt bin ich wieder bereit, um mich den Vorbereitungen der FIBS-Party 2007 zu widmen und samirahs Arbeit fortzusetzen. Sollte ich die ein oder andere Mail der letzten Monate nicht beantwortet haben, so bitte, die Mail noch einmal zu senden. Ich bin jetzt wieder uneingeschränkt erreichbar.

Freue mich schon, euch bald (wieder) zu sehen,

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

duffy_duck

huhu

kann mir irgendwer ne genaue adresse verraten inkl. postleitzahl damit ich mal routenplanen wie lange ich von graz/österreich dahin brauche ???

was gibt es denn für größer städte in der nähe dieses ulmen ??

bin in dieser gegend ja komplett planlos und würde es gerne mit sonstigen danch verbinden...

ich weiss zwar nicht ob ich es so kurz vor meinem geburtstag schaffe aber ich würde jedenfalls sehr gerne
:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

lg
duffy

Hardy_whv

Hi duffy_duck,

Ulmen is situated between Koblenz and the German-Belgian border, 60km west of Koblenz. It's post code is 56766. From Graz it should be approx. 875km .... sorry  :unhappy:

More details on the house can be found following this link: http://www.ferienhausserver11.de/objekt/fotos.php?objid=382444&pid=953&lang=en&layoutname=Default

Cheers,

Hardy  B)

- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + -

Hallo duffy_duck,

Ulmen liegt 60km westlich von Koblenz, an der A48, zwischen Koblenz und der deutsch-belgischen Grenze. Die PLZ ist 56766. Ca. 875 km von Graz - sorry, ein weiter Weg  :unhappy:

Mehr Informationen, inkl. Landkarte, gibt es hier: http://www.ferienhausserver11.de/objekt/fotos.php?objid=382444&pid=953&lang=de&layoutname=Default

Gruß,

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"