News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

Game 3, move 22: Herd 3-2

Started by diane, January 28, 2011, 06:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

The three is forced, bar/22 - so just the 2 to place...

Position ID: 93gHAIDbTjEAIA
Match ID: UYmpAAAAGAAA

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Spoiler

We have three objectives:  run off the gammon, try to make another homeboard point and maybe have a chance to win, and prevent him from sending  another checker back.  These are in decreasing order of importance, and the third objective is not very important at all.

7/5 hits the first two objectives (bear in and slot a point), so let's do that.  

[close]

stiefnu

QuoteThe three is forced
No it ain't, there are four pieces that can move 3, from either the 4, 6, 7 or 10 points...

socksey

Were we on the bar, making the 3 forced?   :unsure:  I'm confused.  If so, maybe we should make that clearer.   :yes:  I'm looking at the choices and thinking, wtf?   :laugh:  Then I scroll down and find stiefnu's comment.   :)

socksey

"Your goals are the road maps that guide you and show you what is possible
for your life." - BROWN

diane

Quote from: stiefnu on January 28, 2011, 02:12:10 PM
  No it ain't, there are four pieces that can move 3, from either the 4, 6, 7 or 10 points...

Apologies...since on the last move we danced...and with ah_clems comment two moves ago.. 'lace up your dancing shoes'..I kinda thought people were following.  Since the three was forced, I moved that - to give the view of how the board would look once that move was done - you chose the two, in context of where the other checker is...so yes...bar/22 had already been moved - so just the two left to play!

Hope that helps..and I will try to be clearer next time  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

Since I was unclear as to what was happening, I was waiting for your reply before voting, diane.    :)  But when I came in again this morning (very early my time), you had already closed the voting and moved on to the next move.   :ohmy:  I would have voted for 10/8 and I think you should have waited a bit longer in order for others who might also have been confused to catch up.   :unsure:  We aren't all as quick as you.   :(  Oh, and I missed the notation at the top of your second post saying that the first checker had already been moved.  Sorry.

socksey

"I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today." -William Allen White