signatures

Started by sixty_something, January 25, 2008, 01:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty_something

socksey, i  :wub: the way you change your signature almost every day .. even seems like every post and they are always great quotes .. how do you do that?

when i change my signature at my profile, it changes that signature on every old post as well as the new ones .. seems like it once didn't do that .. so, i have some nice little quotes lost now  :unhappy: yours all seem to stick with the message :wacko: why?

did i toggle something on or off to cause that to happen? :mad:

if so, i want to toggle it back .. where is it? :unsure:

:s40:
“Don Quixote would understand backgammon. It is the impossible dream.”
adapted from a Jim Murray quote on golf (i used to be a golfer, too)
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

socksey

:lol:  I don't use a signature.  I have a wordpad file of quotes that I use.  I just put an X after each one I use and go down the list.   ;)

socksey

Gardeners live in the most beautiful places . . . because they make them that way. - Joseph Joubert

sixty_something

thanks, sweetie :cool:

that's a nice little collection .. i get one daily from Wordsmith's A.Word.A.Day in an email .. just what i needed, mama, another little thing to do

:rollbaby:

This week's theme: words with color as metaphors
(click on word below for definition)

blue streak

I find it difficult to feel responsible for the suffering of others. That's why I find war so hard to bear. It's the same with animals: I feel the less harm I do, the lighter my heart. I love a light heart. And when I know I'm causing suffering, I feel the heaviness of it. It's a physical pain. So it's self-interest that I don't want to cause harm.
-Alice Walker, author (b. 1944)
e-mail me

webrunner

Quote from: socksey on January 25, 2008, 05:16:02 AM
:lol:  I don't use a signature.  I have a wordpad file of quotes that I use.  I just put an X after each one I use and go down the list.   ;)

socksey

Gardeners live in the most beautiful places . . . because they make them that way. - Joseph Joubert

I always wondered about that!
Great Socks, i read them every time  :thumbsup2:
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

socksey

QuoteThis week's theme:
words with color as metaphors
(click on word below for definition)

blue streak

How do you do that?!   :happy:

socksey

sixty_something

first, a blue streak with any other color just isn't blue .. that got me to thinking - always a dangerous thing .. so, i changed the color, made it bold, and then made it move with Marquee, the last trick was to mark the phrase a hyperlink pointing to the Wordsmith definition .. it was the first time i'd ever tried that little trick myself .. glad you liked it ..the resulting text is a mess .. i attached a copy of the original post below

the coding that we use on this message board is an html-like syntax called Bulletin Board Code (BBC) .. examples of how to use it can be found under our help tab above, or here

:drive1: BBC :rollbaby:
:s40:

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, just what does an empty desk mean?
-- Author Unknown
e-mail me

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

sixty_something

:drive1: ROFL MAO, Good one Tomawaky ~v~ ~v~ ~v~ ~~~~~~'''   :o :whoea: :dry::veryhappy: :) :laugh4: :applaus: :s35: :jump: :yes: :beerdrinkers: :mellow: :thumbsup2:  ;) :laugh4: :laugh: :lol: :cool:
e-mail me

socksey

:lol:  I think that's too much work!  But, fun!   :lol:

socksey

webrunner

A little tip: use the button with this sign:

Any code between those two tags will not be executed. That way you can show the code you used.
In this case:

[move][url=http://wordsmith.org/words/blue_streak.html][color=blue][i][b]blue streak[/b][/i][/color][/url][/move]

;)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

socksey

wow!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                            [move]

socksey

Don't know how I did this and don't know what happened, but I only used "socksey" as one signature.  :lol:

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

don

Hey socks.

It looks like you hit the Marquee button in webby's editor...
--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...