News:

hover/mouseover topics on the forum/board index, now gives you the preview of the first post within a topic

Main Menu

Game 3, move 6 : Herd to cube?

Started by diane, July 19, 2013, 11:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

I just want to calibrate the word 'disaster'..do we all think a disaster happened?  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

NIHILIST

Not exactly a disaster, more like Igor electrified the monster.  IT' ALIVE ! IT'S ALIVE !

Play on. He has excellent timing for his backgame and his army is comprised  of 15 soldiers whereas 2 of our soldiers deserted.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

Roderick

Well, I would have liked cube ownership here.

Many positions similar (and other backgame types) are money beavers.  I checked to verify and, sure enough, this one is, too.  I took it a step further and checked herd equity with me having cube ownership after every herd roll.  Herd's best roll gives herd negative equity with me having cube ownership, even a 5-3.

There certainly are times to cube against backgames, but this is so early it's not even a question of it being well-timed or not.  And, as nihilist points out, you have 2 dead checkers on your ace, which won't be very helpful here.  Add, to the rest, that you have 4 dances, after which I'm much closer to a cube than you are here and cubing here becomes a very bad proposition.

NIHILIST

Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how'd you like the play ?

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler