News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

Java Fibs 2001 How To Install/dowload?

Started by mjd, May 27, 2006, 05:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjd

hi,
im not a computer expert, and i tried dowloading this program.  i get a folder with maybe 10 things to open.  i cant figure out how to make the program work so i can open it and play.  could someone give me step-by-step directions of what to do?  else i will have to ask a friend.  there are read me files and things like that.
not computer expert
mjd
thanks

Hardy_whv

Hi,

you don't have to install anything there. Just un-zip the zipped file to the location, where you want to run JavaFIBS. While unzipping, a directory called JvaFIBS2001 will be created (with a couple of sub-directories). The file to start to get JavaFIBS running is the JavaFIBS.jar. If you create a link to that file and copy it to your desktop or the Start-Menu, you can start JavaFIBS via that link.

What you also need to run JavaFIBS is a Runtime Environment for Java. Here's the link: http://www.java.com/en/download/windows_ie.jsp (in case you have a windows operating system).

Hope that helps.

Hardy  B)  
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"