News:

(**folks need to register to be able to see Fibsboard Forum Match diagrams and vote.** )

Main Menu

Fibsboard Forum Match 18 Game 2 Move 6 Herd to move

Started by stiefnu, March 18, 2014, 12:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiefnu

After juanz re-entered with 32, the Herd has rolled 22. There are a lot of possibilities here. I've put up a dozen to choose from but feel free to ask for more to be added.

5-pt match, score juanz 0-1 Herd
Pipcount: juanz (red) 156, Herd (black) 151

Steve

Julia_H

Spoiler
9/3*/1 looks horrible to me - putting two men out of play when we have a wide-open board, a stiff structure and two isolated backs is just wrong. It's just hitting for the sake of it and we're heading for a longer, more strategic game than that. Especially when we can make a really strong, solid position with 13/9 6/4(2)
[close]

ah_clem

Spoiler

With ten checkers in the zone we are entering blitz territory.  And 9/3*/1 may well be best - when blitzing all points are equal, so making the ace point isn't as bad as it usually is.  However, I prefer the priming play 13/9 6/4(2). This gives us a solid four-prime plus the four-point. If he doesn't anchor we probably have a cube.  And if he does, we have a strong prime.  OTOH, if he anchors after the blitzing play we have little to show for it other than two checkers buried on the ace point.

13/9 6/4(2)
[close]