News:

bookmark Fibsboard to the front page for all the News http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Can't invite players

Started by charla, January 30, 2008, 07:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charla

Hi - I am BRAND NEW to FIBS - loving it so far and all you lovely players.  :)
Got a problem though - I've asked my mum to join so I can play with her - she has and I can see her name on the list of players online, but when I invite her to play or her me, we get no requests.
any ideas of what we might be doing wrong? does me on a mac and her on a pc make a difference?
:unsure:
thanks everyone -
:)

Mystyk

Greetings,

What client are you using?  Are you getting any response when you send the invite?  Or is she when she invites you?

Are you both set to be ready to play?

charla

thanks for writing back Mystyk -

we're both using the latest JavaFIBS (tried both J13 and J15). We're both 'ready' to play but just don't get the invites from each other in the invite window, and don't get the opportunity to respond.

??

Tomawaky

If remember well my old experience  :laugh:. We have tried to play with one of my friend from work and I was not sur it was possible to play with each other from the same internet access. Am I right ?  :huh:
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

webrunner

Quote from: Tomawaky on January 30, 2008, 01:17:56 PM
If remember well my old experience  :laugh:. We have tried to play with one of my friend from work and I was not sur it was possible to play with each other from the same internet access. Am I right ?  :huh:

Nope, i have played Hypnosa a lot of times (backgammon ;) )
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

Ok we need to check other ideas !
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

socksey

Are you from Italy?  Patti has banned players from Italy playing each other.   ;)

socksey

"If there were to be a universal sound depicting peace, I would surely vote for the purr." -Barbara L. Diamond.

charla

Quote from: socksey on January 31, 2008, 01:23:59 AM
Are you from Italy?

nope, mum and I are both trying to play within Australia.
any bright ideas of what might be going wrong??

:blink:

adrian

If in match length box  "resume" is selected instead of a number, the behaviour is explained. Or maybe the invitee has not toggled ready..
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.