News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

Prize ideas

Started by burper, February 11, 2004, 02:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burper

OK, maybe my previous prize ideas were ill-conceived, but here is a thread where you can post ideas for other TB moderators. I'll get it started with a couple of my own, but again, I may not be the best person for this ;)

-FIBS T-shirts of course
-a little glory on the home page of this web site for an established regular tournament not already glorified on fibsleagammon, e.g. "Current TB weekly blitz winner: ____"
-burn a CD for them: theopencd.org (collection of best OSS), installable gnubg and other OS bg sw
-postcards (alef's idea)

JonJon

What about giving tourneybot some repbot points to confer upon winners of tourneys? Not a large amount, but something that might be worth playing for....

JJ

MadMatt

QuoteWhat about giving tourneybot some repbot points to confer upon winners of tourneys? Not a large amount, but something that might be worth playing for....

JJ
If by that you mean TourneyBot automatically vouching for the winner of a tourney, that's not going to happen for several reasons.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website

webrunner

Maybe we should create a money-bot that acts as a bank.
We can create fibs money and we could create prices in fibs money.
With fibsmoney we can buy:
- fibs t-shirts
- fibs house (we need a real-estate-bot for that)
- fibs gifts (gift-shop bot)

and so on ....  sort of like monopoly

:lol:

Sorry.. just some weird idea.. i am in a funny mood...

Maybe what i am trying to say is that i think the whole debate on these prices is futile. The one price should be the honour of winning. Maybe even to get mentione in a winners hall of fame on the web.. but that is about it in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents...
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

alef

QuoteMaybe we should create a money-bot that acts as a bank.
We can create fibs money and we could create prices in fibs money.
With fibsmoney we can buy:
- fibs t-shirts
- fibs house (we need a real-estate-bot for that)
- fibs gifts (gift-shop bot)

An interesting idea! Firstly, what do we call this FIBS currency? Maybe FIB$?

For different FIBS tournaments you could win a certain number, perhaps FIB$1 for a quick TourneyBot 1ptr blitz and up to FIB$25 for winning overall in a session of the League.

This might take some organizing and generosity, but I bet we can find some donated gifts for your FIB$:
-T-shirts (of course!)
-Secondhand bg books, dice, etc from Fibsters
-New bg books, software from publishers during promotions

I'm sure we could get some donated membership prizes from GammonVillage, GammOnLine, GamesGrid, TrueMoneyGames, etc...