News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2012 cheers!
..thx Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, aviator, r_monk ,captainmubbers,Tom roygbiv*, anonymous and yyy

Main Menu

FIBS Tournament Schedule

Started by sixty_something, May 26, 2010, 08:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I asked stog to add some code to the post with the google calendar http://www.fibsboard.com/tourney-schedule/fibs-tournament-schedule/msg22489/#msg22489

It now displays the current time for UTC, USA/Eastern and AUS/Eastern

So now anyone can figure out when a tourney starts.

Those three time zones are what time most, if not all, of the tourneys follow.

I will now update the list to refect the local time for the tourney!

tom

KissMyAss

Okay, I've mentioned this before, and have noticed its still there....   http://www.fibsboard.com/tourney-schedule/fibs-tournament-schedule/msg22489/#msg22489    "week out" is listed as running on a wednesday, but its actually held on a friday, and in the tourney list in the post below the one i mentioned, week out is listed as friday.

Great looking post though, and love the ease of time conversion, cos we all know how good I'm not at it without something like that.  :) 

Hugs
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

rebayona

Quote from: KissMyAss on July 19, 2012, 10:34:16 AM
Okay, I've mentioned this before, and have noticed its still there....   http://www.fibsboard.com/tourney-schedule/fibs-tournament-schedule/msg22489/#msg22489    "week out" is listed as running on a wednesday, but its actually held on a friday, and in the tourney list in the post below the one i mentioned, week out is listed as friday.
Fixed, no idea how week out moved to Wednesday... maybe someone wanted so bad the week to be over?

It was set to 20:00 Melbourne time, hope it is OK now.
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

KissMyAss

Yeah the week out's changed for this week, but for next week etc.  i still see it as on a wednesday.    Also just noticed, the Kiwi is listed as running an hour later than it actually does.    It opens for registration at nine thirty pm my time, with play starting at ten pm.  (australia)

I don't know if there's anything out of place with the other tourneys, I don't really follow the schedule much.  Only noticed the kiwi cos i was looking at the weekout.   

Hugs
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

jeeves

Can the tourney schedule please be updated? I see an occasional Aussie Hump Day tourney taking place from time to time, which is not on the schedule, and the Saturday Night Fever hasn't run for some considerable time so maybe that could be deleted (or preferably the tourney resurrected, as the format makes a refreshing change from any other).  B)

Also, my preference only, but I would like to see it in a tabular format with each individual tourney (i.e. each kiwi and tampa shown separately) in day/time order.  I can also think of a better way of showing the regional times, but maybe that's a step too far for now.  ;) :laugh:

diane

If you write it, I will post it  ;) If no one has done it before, I will do it at the weekend.

Agree with resurrecting Saturday night fever - can one of you nab Tom and ask if Tourneybot could run that automatically.

Never give up on the things that make you smile

jeeves

Quote from: diane on May 20, 2013, 09:18:09 PM
If you write it, I will post it  ;)

OK, done.  I've sent you a pm.

socksey

Jeeves, there are still impromptu tourneys being run that are not on the schedule because they only occur when a TD feels kind enough to run one.

socksey

Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. ~ Lewis Carroll

jeeves

Quote from: socksey on May 21, 2013, 06:20:07 AM
Jeeves, there are still impromptu tourneys being run that are not on the schedule because they only occur when a TD feels kind enough to run one.

socksey

Then they won't feature on a Tourney Schedule, given that it represents a list of planned activity

jeeves

@ Diane......how does this look?  Where there's a will there's a way...... ;-)

socksey

To avoid confusion, I suggest the "Time" be labeled EST, USA.  Otherwise, looks good to me. ;)

socksey

What do we live for; if it is not to make life less difficult for each other? - George Eliot

diane

Quote from: stog on June 01, 2013, 06:59:26 PM
Schedule 1 post above http://www.fibsboard.com/tourney-schedule/fibs-tournament-schedule/msg22483/#msg22483

I'm not sure what that means..the proposal is to replace that post with this updated and correct version of current tourneys.

Jeeves...

It looks good - but, as always, I do have some comments... ;)

The format for Tampa isn't right - from Monday through to Friday it is 5/7, then Saturday and Sunday are 7/9

This isn't very editable...so should it change again - you will have to update it..forever  ;)

A way round that, might be to pin the real document behind the image to each updated post, so that anyone can edit it in the future.

I still like including UTC time in with each local time..it is much easier to convert from UTC to anytime, than one timezone to another...[you know, in your head, at a glance...that kind of thing  ;) ] I was working on narrowing down the columns for start / finish times to put UTC in...there is a lot of white space for not much info on those two columns...registration is always half an hour, so the only real value adding information, is 'when does registration open'...and a standard comment that all tourneys start 30 mins after registration...

jeeves

Quote from: diane on June 02, 2013, 12:09:36 AM

It looks good - but, as always, I do have some comments... ;)  NO, REALLY??  ;)

The format for Tampa isn't right - from Monday through to Friday it is 5/7, then Saturday and Sunday are 7/9  OK, CORRECTED

This isn't very editable...so should it change again - you will have to update it..forever  ;)  DO I NOT LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT!

A way round that, might be to pin the real document behind the image to each updated post, so that anyone can edit it in the future. THAT SOUNDS MUCH BETTER - HOW DOES ONE PIN A DOC BEHIND AN IMAGE?

I still like including UTC time in with each local time..it is much easier to convert from UTC to anytime, than one timezone to another...[you know, in your head, at a glance...that kind of thing  ;) ] I was working on narrowing down the columns for start / finish times to put UTC in...there is a lot of white space for not much info on those two columns...registration is always half an hour, so the only real value adding information, is 'when does registration open'...and a standard comment that all tourneys start 30 mins after registration...  I WOULD LIKE TO INCLUDE UTC TOO, BUT THIS WOULD MEAN EDITING THE SCHEDULE 4 TIMES PER YEAR, AS THE UTC TIMINGS WOULD CHANGE EACH TIME THE AUS OR USA TIMES CHANGED. I WOULD RATHER LOOK IMMEDIATELY BELOW THE SCHEDULE AT THE BIG CLOCKS TO DETERMINE UTC TIME

jeeves

diane

Quote from: jeeves on June 02, 2013, 09:04:52 AM

1 - THAT SOUNDS MUCH BETTER - HOW DOES ONE PIN A DOC BEHIND AN IMAGE?

2 - I WOULD LIKE TO INCLUDE UTC TOO, BUT THIS WOULD MEAN EDITING THE SCHEDULE 4 TIMES PER YEAR, AS THE UTC TIMINGS WOULD CHANGE EACH TIME THE AUS OR USA TIMES CHANGED. I WOULD RATHER LOOK IMMEDIATELY BELOW THE SCHEDULE AT THE BIG CLOCKS TO DETERMINE UTC TIME

Well, you send me the file of the final table [I think it is a word document]...and I attach it to the post [the word version of this table is the document behind the image  ;) ]

Ok..if that works for you..let me see if it works for me too.

If I look at the clocks right now, it is 9.57am UTC, 4.57am EST and 6.57pm here. [it is also some other time in the UK, if it is summertime]. I want to work out how long it is until sign up for bloody Mary Sunday special...which is at 11am EST..ok..here goes  :wacko:..it is 6 hours from now in EST..yoo hoo, 1am here....ok, I guess that works!

diane

Quote from: sixty_something on May 26, 2010, 08:42:09 PM
Regularly scheduled weekly tournaments at FIBS are in the list below.  Some tournaments have registration prerequisites or limits which can generally be waived by simply asking the TD if he/she will *ALLOW* you to play. Some have a long tradition like Bago and F3's and some have their own championship series associated with them, e.g. Bago, Mini Matches, and the Bloody Mary. Regardless, if you play at FIBS and don't play in one or more of these each week you are missing a lot of fun.

Other tournaments may be organized using TourneyBot or Challonge at almost any time. Some may occur at about the same time each week, but not be on a fixed schedule. Those tourneys are not included here, but are always a lot of fun, too.

To simplify keeping this schedule up to date, including during DST changes, the schedule lists the LOCAL time the tourney follows. In the next post there are clocks showing the current time for each of those timezones. Just look at the proper clock to see how see a specific tourney is.

Match lengths for regular rounds and finals vary. They are in parenthesis below following the tourney name.

socksey recommends this site World Clock where you can click on a city in your time zone to find your UTC differential.   :yes:

Now, one of the answers to the question of where is a schedule of FIBS tournaments can be simply saying, "See www.fibsboard.com"

:s40:

Ok...this keeps the original post, in case we want to rebuild it...

diane

ok...lets see how people like the new look..

Stog may want us to manage the image differently - it is a bit larger than he normally allows. You had put it in photobucket, but I put them on here - that way if photobucket goes screwy or anything, we still have the image. I think I was suypposed to put an image of that size in the gallery and then refer to it, anyhoo we can fix all that up, if everyone likes the new look.

So, if you send me the file as it is now - completely correct, I will attach that also, and we are done - anyone can open the file, alter, save the image and  'voila!, the tourney schedule is up to date...say for example if Tom puts Saturday Night Fever on auto for us!

It may also be that Tourneybot could export a list of tournaments in this format [or very similar], so that updating the schedule is just a matter of posting an image of the output from the bot...ooooo  :)

Tom

As far as timezones, changes etc, maybe we need to go to a live document, like the second post by stog.

That is a google calendar that we can edit, and I think the TIME changes the viewer's timezone!

Maybe we need to change that from a MONTH view to a WEEK view so we might be able to get more info displayed.

tom

rebayona

Quote from: Tom on June 02, 2013, 12:24:10 PM
As far as timezones, changes etc, maybe we need to go to a live document, like the second post by stog.

That is a google calendar that we can edit, and I think the TIME changes the viewer's timezone!

Is not working like that, is showing ET time instead of local time.

Quote from: Tom on June 02, 2013, 12:24:10 PM
Maybe we need to change that from a MONTH view to a WEEK view so we might be able to get more info displayed.

Agree. Month view is really confusing and schedule repeats itself each week, no need to show it in a different way.
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.