News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Tourney descriptions

Started by diane, August 12, 2004, 07:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

As a spin off from the topic about the BagOlypmic session - I would like to take a moment to ask if players could use the command 'tell tournebot tourney No.' or equivalent for TBot, at least occasionally.

The reason I ask is because there are sometimes slip ups by the TDs - which could be rectified if the odd player noticed it. One incident I particularly have in mind was another BagO session in which the TD accidentally set the wrong matchlengths - we were playing before anyone noticed! (Including myself that time :D ).  Mistakes are easy to make as things  are at the moment - and although improvements are afoot - vigilance in the short term would help.

I know the tourney details are not checked very often - cos i went through a phase of entering some very, erm, odd tourney descriptions for fun - and to my knowledge only grillbill ever spotted one   :P

Things like setting the minplayers and maxplayers to the same number, wrong matchlengths or odd limits should be looked for - just to be sure - the sooner they are spotted, the sooner something can be done about it!

Thx all  
Never give up on the things that make you smile