News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Gnubg-Incomprehensible move (for me)

Started by Alkatron, December 28, 2017, 05:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alkatron

Hello,
I'm learning this game, while playing I stumble across a move that I do not understand
I'm kooliah(black)
Red rolls the dice 4:2

I thought he needs double 1 to bear all 4 checkers off or at least 1 with one dice to bear one off....
instead...

He bears 2 checkers off.... WHY?

thanks

maria

Quote from: Alkatron on December 28, 2017, 05:05:48 PM
Hello,
I'm learning this game, while playing I stumble across a move that I do not understand
I'm kooliah(black)

I thought he needs double 1 to bear all 4 checkers off or at least 1 with one dice to bear one off....
instead...

thanks

I'm not sure why you are confused?  He rolled a 4 - 2,  he can only remove 2 checkers.  If he had rolled doubles, he could remove all 4.

maria

Quote from: Alkatron on December 28, 2017, 05:05:48 PM
Hello,
I'm kooliah(black)

instead...

thanks

A great site for learning the game is Backgammon Galore.
www.bkgm.com
The attached screenshot will show what they have for the rules of bearing off.
Hope this is of some help.