News:

Check out the small but well formed 'Campaigns' board --we all feel strongly about something: alert us to a campaign, add a poll - be concise, and aware of strong editorial ;)

Main Menu

Sunday Special Season III

Started by sixty_something, January 03, 2009, 03:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty_something

Bloody Mary "Sunday Special"
Every Sunday at FIBS
(3-pt matches/5-pt final)
Registration 10:00am CST (16:00 UTC)
Play begins at 10:20 am or 16:20 UTC

Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" Season III

Welcome to the start of a new season

Season III of the Bloody Mary "Sunday Special" is starting Sunday, January 4, 2009. This Bloody Mary season will consist of thirty-two weekly tournaments with up to thirty-two (32) winners of weekly tournaments becoming eligible to participate in the season championship series. Winners of two or more weekly events during a season will receive two invitations to the season championship. Winners of three weekly events in a single season will receive a round one bye; winners of four will receive two round one byes. The season ends when two 16-player winners brackets are filled with 32 eligible winners.

Running concurrently during the first couple of months of Season III will be the Season II Championship which will be starting during the 3rd or 4th week of January 2009. Congrats to all previous winners and thanks to the countless players who have made Bloody Mary Sundays and backgamon a continuing success.

Co-moderators Needed

During Season III, I will need some help in running the tournament as I am expecting conflicts with my schedule on the first few Sundays of the year and possibly at least twice a month for the duration of the season. No, I haven't joined a new church or eloped with a redhead, but I am embarking on a new adventure which will be demanding more of my time on many Sunday mornings.

socksey has once again volunteered to run the first tourney to kick off the new Bloody Mary season. During subsequent weeks, I will try experimenting with automatic tourneys with regular players and experienced TD's assigned as Co-moderators in case a live TD is needed. Regardless, Bloody Marys will continue for a third and exciting season, but yours truly may not be hosting or playing as frequently as in the past. However, until deposed via insurrection, I shall retain my self-annointed title as Bloody Mary Czar - everyone needs a title and every good tourney needs someone at the top to make final decisions or to blame.

Thanks again to all players and TD's who have made the Bloody Mary tourneys on Sundays a fun and exciting way to spend a Sunday morning or afternoon with friends from around the world.

Bloody Mary Sundays and backgammon - no place but FIBS!
:s40:
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

stog

sixty_something

Weekly tourneys (3-pt matches/5-pt final)
Every Sunday at FIBS
Registration 10 AM Texas time (1500 UTC)
Play begins at 10:20 AM or 15:20 UTC

pck Wins Second of Season and blotsalot First Ever

pck took home his second win of the season on 29-Mar and blotsalot defeated WiFi on 5-Apr winning his first ever Bloody Mary .. three players now have multiple wins in the 32 tourney Season III, jdg with three, Picasso and pck with two each, earning two entires into the BMSC III .. hopefully, next weeks tourney will revert back to the automatic format starting at 10 AM CDT or 1500 UTC

jdg Wins Three Weeks in a Row

On 22-Mar, jdg wins his third Bloody Mary Cup of the season in three consecutive Sundays. His win today, defeating austin, earned a first round bye in BMSC III in addition to his two entries for his first two wins. Also, jdg is in the finals of BMSC II where he also had two entries. His five total lifetime Bloody Mary wins now are tied with sunray. No "Re-Entry Special was held today. By the 29th the FIBS clock, Europe, and DST in the USA will hopefully be in sync.

Daylight Savings Special

Due to DST starting in the USA on 8-Mar and the FIBS clock not updating until 29-Mar, we will be holding two Bloody Marys on March 8, 15, and 22nd.

TourneyBot will automatically start the second at the regularly scheduled time, 1600 UTC. Players eliminated early in the first tourney are eligible to register in the second until March 29th when Europe catches up with us and we go back to one Bloody Mary tourney each Sunday. (If the BMSC II Double-elimination Finals are scheduled for the 22nd, as planned, we will not hold a "Re-Entry Special" on the 22nd.)

Congrats to jdg and adrian for winning on 8-Mar and earning a ticket into BMSC III. This was jdg's third Bloody Mary win and adrian's second since the series started back in September 2007. We had 19 and 14 players registered in the two tourneys with 5 players taking advantage of the unique second chance at winning a Bloody Mary.

On 15-Mar, cowgirl defeated me in the finals and jdg defeated pck in the "Re-Entry Special". This marks the fourth Bloody Mary win for jdg and is the second for cowgirl. Join us next week for a last chance at one of two tickets into BMSC III.

Weekly Winners - Season III

[table=]
Number,     Date    , Tourney #, TD(s), Seeding, Registered, Winner
4-Jan-09
,socksey adrian,
Random
,Miccimalou, :nr1:
11-Jan
,sixty_something,
Random
,pck, :nr1:
18-Jan
,sixty_something,
Rating
,kristoffer, :nr1:
25-Jan
,sixty_something socksey,
Rating
,Picasso, :nr1:
1-Feb
,sixty_something,
Rating
,Picasso, :nr1: :nr1:
8-Feb
,sixty_something,
Rating
,zbilbo, :nr1:
15-Feb
,sixty_something,
Rating
,austin, :nr1:
22-Feb
,sixty_something,
Rating
,Zorba, :nr1:
1-Mar
,sixty_something,
Rating
,TIGER_B_G, :nr1:
8-Mar
,sixty_something,
Rating
,jdg, :nr1:
8-Mar
,sixty_something jackdaddy,
Rating
,adrian, :nr1:
15-Mar
,sixty_something,
Rating
,cowgirl, :nr1:
15-Mar
,sixty_something jackdaddy,
Rating
,jdg, :nr1: :nr1:
22-Mar
Rating
,jdg, :nr1: :nr1: :nr1:
29-Mar
Rating
,pck, :nr1: :nr1:
5-Apr
,sixty_something,
Rating
,blotsalot, :nr1:
12-Apr
,socksey,
Rating
,barbaros, :nr1:
19-Apr
,socksey,
Rating
,socksey, :nr1:
26-Apr
,socksey,
Rating
,rockfish, :nr1:
3-May
,socksey,
Rating
,guitartornado, :nr1:
10-May
,adrian,
Rating
,Zorba, :nr1:
17-May
,socksey,
Rating
,socksey, :nr1:  :nr1:
24-May
,socksey,
Rating
,sweets, :nr1:
31-May
,jackdaddy,
Rating
,Glamdring, :nr1:
7-Jun
,jackdaddy,
Rating
,LuckyDice, :nr1:
14-Jun
,jackdaddy,
Rating
,jackdaddy, :nr1:
21-Jun
,jackdaddy,
Rating
,secretariat, :nr1:
28-Jun
,socksey,
Rating
,socksey, :nr1:  :nr1:  :nr1:
5-Jul
,socksey,
Rating
,LuckyDice, :nr1:  :nr1: 
12-Jul
,jackdaddy,
Rating
,Iceborg, :nr1:
19-Jul
,socksey jackdaddy,
Rating
,samirah, :nr1:
26-Jul
????
,socksey,
Rating
,saukriver, :nr1:

[/table]

Ok, the Championship III playoffs have officially started today, 30 Aug 09!  TourneyBot #3098 will notify you of your next match and you will have one week to arrange for and to play your match.  Good luck!  ;)))

socksey

We now have our finalists jdg and pck!  Congrats to you both!  The final is scheduled to play just after the regular Bloody Mary Special Session on Sunday, 18 Oct 09.  Hope to see all of you there!  ;)

Finals are completed today, 18 Oct 09!  Congrats to pck who wins 1000 Nacci points along with the Champion Bloody Mary's Tournament title!  Thanks to donzaemon for furnishing the Nacci points!

Well done goes to jdg who gave us a fine fight to watch!  ;)

Thanks to all the players and to Tom for his part in furnishing TourneyBot!  :)

socksey
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

socksey

I'm not sure what has happened to sixty_something.  He's been absent for some time and I think someone should post the results of this tourney so that it doesn't get too far behind. 

Well, I figured out how to post like 60 did, but I'm not sure what will happen when the season is done.  :P

socksey

"Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc., 1989

stog