News:

thx diane, jeeves Caleb sixty Zorba  Linus & jackdaddy Tom  Michael r_monk Anonymous  Jade & roygbiv*  our 2013 donors..cheers! we will really need Help this year as i think we will need a better Host server

Main Menu

Hey Repbot Morons

Started by connell, September 17, 2011, 03:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

connell

Hi Repbot Morons,

I just wanted you to know that my rating went over 1850 for the first time.  I have been on FIBS for 17 years.  I have played close to 50,000 games on FIBS.

I know that Repbot Morons are unimpressed by such statistics.  The only thing that impresses a Repbot Moron is if a person makes positive statements about Repbot.  Nothing else matters to you.  Statements from perplexed visitors that the poor soul has a negative rating and he doesn't think he did anything wrong, simply go on deaf ears.  Repbot Morons think Repbot is never wrong.  It is infallible because everyone knows that every player will be perfectly honest when they file their complaints.  And no one could have different views on when it is OK to leave a match.  You, the poor soul with the negative rating, must have done something wrong.  Repbot could not be wrong.

However, I figure some poor soul may come here, like I did 5 years ago, trying to figure out why he had a bad Repbot rating.  He will ask for advice from the Repbot Morons and try to follow it.  All this will do is cause you grief and harassment from Repbot Morons who think there is some meaning in the rating.  You will waste hours following their advice and receive much harassment.

My advice to you, poor soul with the bad Repbot rating, is don't listen to the Repbot Morons.  Delete your account and start over.  The reason you think your poor Repbot rating is unfair is simply because it is unfair.  Its not more complicated than that.  Repbot is stupid and simply facilitates slander.  Ignore it and the Repbot Morons and move on.  That is what I did.

Now I would like to talk about how I got such a high rating.  Its because I worry about improving my backgammon game and not about whether the other guy I played acted precisely as I personally have decided everyone in world must act and whether I must file a complaint against him for not acting precisely as I have decided everyone must act. 

I don't sit here and judge some guy who dropped a match with me because his girlfriend called, who he just fell in love with and cannot stand not to be with, and he dared to not finish the match with me and, instead, wanted to talk to his girlfriend.  I also don't judge some parent who dropped a match because his 5 year old was playing in the middle of road and he went to save the kid.  A Repbot Moron says how dare they?  Repbot morons worry about this crap and whether a complaint should be filed.  I just worry about playing better backgammon.

Repbot Morons don't understand how anything in your life could be more important than finishing the match. As far as they are concerned, the save feature on FIBS should never be used.  There is never a valid reason for it.  I wonder why they think it is there.  They don't understand why you would drop a game to talk with your girlfriend or stop your kid from being run over - because they never had a girlfriend or boyfriend- and, thankfully, they will never have children.  Their whole freaking life revolves around FIBS and Repbot and whether you violated some rule that exists in their head.  They like Repbot because it allows them to pass judgment over others concerning, of all things, how they played backgammon on the internet.  It is pathetic really.  Feel sorry for them, but don't worry about their opinion of you.

Anyway, I have been on FIBS almost since it was formed, my rating is over 1850, I have played over 50,000 games, and I have a good rating on Repbot.  I just want you to know that a person like me hates and despises Repbot, you Repbot morons, and everything you stand for.  I don't think I could dislike you more.  I just wanted to say that in celebration of going over 1850.

Have a good day.

socksey

And then, there are other morons who don't know the diff between a RepBot rep and a rating that has nothing to do with RepBot..........   :laugh:

socksey

My wife has a slight impediment in her speech. Every now and then she stops to breathe. - Jimmy Durante

diane

Congratulations on your good fortune Connell, from a repbot moron  :cool:

I hope your rating continues to rise, thereby giving you value as a human being.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

connell

Just wanted you to know what I did.

There was this guy who I was clearly winning and about to win the match.  He dropped.  I left a message for him for him and he did not reply - even though I know he got it because he logged in after words.

So what did I do?  I went on repbot and I vouched for him.

Why?  In hopes that my vouching for him would raise his repbot rating and one of you repbot morons will play him.

Why would I do that?  Because I hate you.

socksey

OK, juvenile moron, you still don't apparently get it.  Repbot is about reputation.  It is not about rating. your 18++ rating reflects your ability to play or perhaps your ability to drop before losing.  Each is to be taken with a grain of salt.  If you know the person, then you will be able to judge whether the repbot reputation is legitimate or not. 

No, Repbot is certainly not perfect, but for the most of us long time reputable players, our evaluation is mostly correct.  Ponder on that and know your Repbot morons a bit better.   :yes:

Oh, and your attitude speaks loudly of your reputation.  Having admitted you  vouched for a dropper, I would not be able to trust your evaluation of anyone, so thanks for the heads up. ;)

socksey

This is a world of action, and not for moping and groaning in. - Charles Dickens

diane

Quote from: socksey on July 06, 2014, 12:36:03 PM

Oh, and your attitude speaks loudly of your reputation.  Having admitted you  vouched for a dropper, I would not be able to trust your evaluation of anyone, so thanks for the heads up. ;)

Socksey nails it..

You aren't the first to do this by the way, maria [love ya maria  :grouphug:] has been doing that since repbot came online.

I have always used that knowledge, I see a vouch from maria, I subtract 10,000. Now I will do the same when I see your vouch. Easy.

So, thanks for the heads up  ;)

btw, your dropper probably isn't a dropper, you didn't do [or didnt mention] half the things required to work that out.

If he was playing on any of the mobile interfaces, odds are, he didn't see your message, rather than not replying to it.

If he logged out and in, then you should have invited him - Fibs forces a resume if you have a saved match.

If he was still just sitting idle, then he probably wasnt there anymore - having left unexpectedly and not doing the right handshaking with Fibs.

Glad Fibs is still working out for you, may you long enjoy it, and continue to avoid me  :s38:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

maria

You aren't the first to do this by the way, maria [love ya maria  :grouphug:] has been doing that since repbot came online.

Thanks for remembering my moronic RepBot silliness.  :)

NIHILIST

I've been wondering whatever happened to Murat.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

ah_clem

Murat still posts on r.g.b. although I've got him killfiled and only see his crap when someone replies to it.

I don't think connell is Murat.  Too coherent. 

paulie

It appears repbot is being used for other than mere dropping a match.  I've gotten negative feedback from 1) arguing with an opponent and 2) playing too slowly for my opponent.  My understanding is that repbot is intended to detect droppers, however, right?
I try to avoid experience; most experience is bad.   -Wilde

KDP

i've never been a fan of repbot and never will.  and i really cant understand people's insistence on keeping it around.  its just one of those things you learn to live with.  perhaps if fibs had a match resolution system in place the need for repbot would diminish, but i'm probably more likely to date a super model and hit the lottery than that happening.

ah_clem

Quote from: paulie on July 24, 2014, 01:34:28 AM
It appears repbot is being used for other than mere dropping a match.  I've gotten negative feedback from 1) arguing with an opponent and 2) playing too slowly for my opponent.  My understanding is that repbot is intended to detect droppers, however, right?

Droppers are a big reason for RepBot, but not the only reason.  If a player behaves in such a way that you wouldn't ever play him or her again, that would seem to be a valid reason to complain.  Excruciatingly slow play or verbal abuse seem like good reasons to file a complaint.

That said, I've only ever complained about droppers.  And since I rarely get dropped anymore (thanks, Repbot!) I only very rarely file complaints.

maria

It's been a while since I've used RepBot since I mostly only play the bots now.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you also VOUCH for a player?  Or have people forgotten that?  And to make one thing clear, I still think we don't need it.  :)