News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2014 cheers! MAffi diane Tom Zorba  Sixty_something Linus & Aviator

Main Menu

Match Lengths

Started by dorbel, May 28, 2006, 01:07:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorbel

I think that I have mentioned to Tomawaky before, that I would prefer longer matches in the league. 9? 11? Anybody got any ideas on that?
Also, would any fibsters be interested in a Fibs Super Jackpot, with an entry fee of $100 and 17 point matches. 16 players, winner take all, no registration and stakes to be held by a trustworthy neutral? If you want to enter money tournaments on pay sites, they rake 10% for the privilege of running it. Let's kiss off the sharks and do it ourselves. I am happy to host or indeed, pass the idea on for anybody else who likes to do it. Could be a lot of fun, could be a regular event.

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

burper

I'd love to play in your money tourney dorbel.
My brother and cousin would too, and perhaps a few other family members.

dorbel

We can be sure that burper would indeed like to do his best to disrupt such a tournament with multiple entries. Sadly such an attempt would be disrupted by (a) the necessity of paying entry fees before the event and (B) the availability of internet access at the secure hospital in which he resides.

Tomawaky

Quotethe availability of internet access at the secure hospital in which he resides.
:stupid:  
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

KDP

personally i like the 7 point match length.  however im open to change. so where do we go from here?  do we change the match lengths for all divisions?  or only the master division?  another league i used to play in had a progressive format, that is div 4 (the lowest) started at 5 points and as u moved up, so did the match lengths so eventually the div 1 players were playing 11 point matches.  would fibsters go for this format?  there is something to be said for that.  as one moves up and the competition gets stronger it makes sense to increase the lengths so eliminate some of the luck factor.  im curious as to what others think.   i definately think some sort of poll is called for.

socksey

I would not like to see lengthier matches in the league.  7 points takes quite long enough to play imho.  Playoffs are fine for longer matches, I suppose, but I just don't like being tied up for a long time.   :o

socksey

"When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - Think of it. ALWAYS." ââ,¬â€œ Mahatma Gandhi

Slipshod

Longer matches would serve to make the league matches more "serious" and less social.  The primary benefit would be the reduced opportunity dorbel would have to kick my ass as he did last time around, cad. :no:

lewscannon

QuoteLonger matches would serve to make the league matches more "serious" and less social.  The primary benefit would be the reduced opportunity dorbel would have to kick my ass as he did last time around, cad. :no:
[size=8]People who write in very large fonts usually have issues about the size of their manhood[/size]

scuba

Note the small font.

Count me in dorbel! I will be happy to show you and Slip the door.

burper

Slipshod, STFU!!!