News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2014 cheers! MAffi diane Tom Zorba  Sixty_something Linus & Aviator

Main Menu

Game 2, move 3: herd 4-4

Started by diane, March 14, 2011, 07:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Position ID: hmfwAyCGZ3CAWA
Match ID: cAmyABAAAAAA

There are of course, other options, please add as you wish.

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Spoiler

I can't tell you how often my whoppers co-incide with doubles.  Doubles give so many options that it's often hard to tell what's best.  So with that caveat in mind, here goes:

I like making the four point.  It's a good point to have, and it'll remain an asset for the rest of the game. We also have the option of making the 9 or the 20 point, but I don't like either of those as well:

The 20 point duplicates the functionality of the already made 21 point so making it is redundant.  We're not going to play a backgame with those two points, and with us still 15 pips behind in the race I like the idea of maintaining contact via holding the 24 point (for a little while anyway, let's try not to play an ace point game...) 

The 9 point just isn't nearly as good an asset as the 4, and if we abandon the midpoint our army is cut in half with 12 points separating the sides.  Nah.  But I don't mind slotting the nine, and that completes my play:

bar/21 8/4(2) 13/9

[close]