News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

Game 3, move 21:Herd 2-1

Started by diane, October 30, 2013, 06:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Read em and weep..as they say. You cant play with what might have beens, we know...but..well lets say - this would have been a better hitting roll than a running roll  ;)

So, how are we maximising this 2-1?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

i had liked my choice b4 leaving a backstop, but it wouldn't have been able to hit, in fact it would have then been hittable. (whether Roderick would have stayed back in the board, if we'd left a backstop, leaving our 2/1 to pick and pass, is another unknowable ;)

Roderick

What pick and pass?  Double 4's would make me a big favorite anyway - you'd likely leave it on the 8 when you hit as an extra cover number.

stog

if u had stayed on the 4, because of a backstop on 13, which you wouldn't, then a 2/1 would have allowed us to p&p

a lot of maybes and might haves!!

Roderick

Why would anyone stay instead of running with a 4-3?

To give you 1's, 2's and 3's to hit instead of just 4's?

Zorba

Spoiler
7/6 7/5 looks like too high stacks in combination with the open 4pt. If we didn't have checkers on our lower points already, it might not be too bad, but here 6/2 to play fours is quite bad as it stacks the low 2pt further and 5/1 is not much better as it unstacks the wrong point and might lead to bad fives (6/1) later.

So fill in the fourpoint looks right, 5/4 unstacks the wrong point again there, so 6/4 with the two, then 7/6 looks like the best one making the crossover.
[close]
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill