News:

NEW! Get all Tourneybot Results from the new Board here: http://www.fibsboard.com/tourneybot-results/

Main Menu

How to register and play : FAQ

Started by webrunner, February 08, 2004, 03:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrunner

I get a lot of questions regarding registering and playing on FIBS.

First let me make it clear that this site is NOT the FIBS site, just a forum of enthusiastic FIBS users. The official FIBS website can be found here.

To play follow these steps:

1. Register on fibs using this form.

2. Open Javafibs Applet using this link.

3. In Javafibs click Javafibs-> connect in the user window.

4. Enter the username and password you chose.

Instead of Javafibs Applet there are other software programs you can use, often with more features and nicer boards. There is also a full download version of Javafibs. All the other software to connect to FIBS can be found on this page.

Good luck and please post further questions here and don't email me for questions on connecting to fibs. That is what this forum is for.

Hope to see you all soon on FIBS.
Kind regards.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

wavethunder

Dear FIBS:  I have tried to register a second username several times and have failed to complete the operation.  I used the form from this site and it simply replies that it is trying to register.

Richard Vore

email removed to protect from spamming - Diane

diane

Try registering your nick from your client, the form doesn not work reliably.

It may just have been a time of heavy server traffic, and trying again may work next time.

What client do you use?

I am also curious as to why you need a second username, in an ideal world, users should just have one  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

sepharad

Failed link to register, Demands Java.  Is Fibs basically dead? Most forum comments cease about 2014?

maria

Link to register?  Demands Java?  There are more clients to use.  Please check out the following link:
http://fibs.com/guide.html