News:

check out the backgammon problems...http://www.fibsboard.com/backgammon-problems/
y not post a position yourself - help is available on posting with pics and spoiler

Main Menu

searching for backgammon-tattoo-motives

Started by rawo, April 11, 2009, 10:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rawo

my next tattoo should be something with a backgammon-motiv. please help me to find some nice motivs or show me your gammon-tattoo...

diane

Double sixes is one I have seen quite a bit, though maybe you want to find something more original  ;) It is something I have thought about, and struggled to come up with something small and relevant.  How large or small a tattoo are you thinking about?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

dropper

Tricky one as I don't think backgammon lends itself to simple strong images. Any particular dice roll or doubling cube position appeal to you?
The fibster formerly known as alef.

playBunny

Quote from: dropper on April 12, 2009, 08:46:18 AM
Tricky one as I don't think backgammon lends itself to simple strong images. Any particular dice roll or doubling cube position appeal to you?

I agree. Your profile picture is a good example. It captures backgammon perfectly but as a discreet tattoo it would fail completely because of the detail and points vs. checkers colouring. You'd need anything from a big, solid deltoid to half a back in order to do the picture justice! ;)

stog

how about dice earings instead?

cubes even! one possible design would be a 3D dice tattoo (with a number 7 of course)

rawo

the thing with dices is that it's a symbol for 'the life is a gamble', thats not particular for backgammon. so it should be an edge of the board with some checkers an - of course - the dice, maybe also the cube. in my case the dice should show six and five because i am born in 1965. the style should be newschool because of my other tattoos...

ah_clem

I think the word you're looking for is "motif" not "motiv".

Normally, I wouldn't bother correcting something like this, but in this case I'd just like to say that if your next tattoo contains any words or letters, you might want to find someone to check the spelling and grammar.  You only get one chance to get it right.

See this for examples.

diane

Oh my, they are some good reasons to be careful!!  The freaky tattoos are good too.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

Something like this would make a nice tattoo.  This is not the one I was looking for, but you get the idea.  There was one I remember........not sure if it was on Fibsboard or not, but I couldn't find it.  Was sort of Elizabethian looking and the board was more defined. 

socksey

"Four of us slept in the one bed ... when it got cold, mother threw on another brother." – Bob Hope, on his poverty as a youth

SYAWEDIS

Hey what about a Doubling Cube? Since the cube is half the fun of backgammon, and I don't think there's more of a "motiv" than the Cube. http://www.backgammoninfo.net/images/jpeg/doubling_cube.jpg