News:

welcome to Fibsboard! your global moderators are stog (and mrs stog) socksey sixty diane zorba and a wonderful group of individual board moderators ......thx to ALL

Main Menu

BillyC's grace

Started by PersianLord, June 04, 2009, 07:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PersianLord

Here's our kibitzes during the match:

BillyC kibitzes: lets cube to 4 on first roll lol
You kibitz: lol ;-)
watchman starts watching BillyC.
BillyC kibitzes: whats so funny jackass?
BillyC kibitzes: you play like sh**
You kibitz: who are you talking with?
BillyC kibitzes: your dumb ass
You kibitz: whinning sh**
BillyC kibitzes: you broke the 3 pt for the ace point
BillyC kibitzes: you are shite
You kibitz: stfu
BillyC kibitzes: make me mamas boy

The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

diane

He is really maturing into a proper fibster now, isn't he  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

:lol: :applaus:

"I have to talk to my girlfriend every day on the phone. My husband says, 'Why do you have to talk to her again today? You just talked to her yesterday. What could you possibly have to tell her?'
'Well, for one thing, I have to tell her you just said that.'" - Rita Rudner

stog

just spotted this thread and thought i'd add my tribute -- (had he been in pain/illness for a time does anyone know?)

BillyCraven kibitzes: gl in teams :)
You tell BillyCraven: is this team lg?
BillyCraven kibitzes: yep
You tell BillyCraven: ok gl
BillyCraven kibitzes: I knew i wasnt gonna win a bg...even when it seemed likely..lol 

(after he nearly backgammoned me with cube on first game(which i saved with 1 of his pips caught at the end)

BillyCraven kibitzes: this match is too important to be ended quickly

then  rest of match (silence)

BillyCraven kibitzes: man i hate people like you
BillyCraven kibitzes: no chat at all
BillyCraven kibitzes: just play and no chat
BillyCraven kibitzes: your a loser
You tell BillyCraven: no billy im the winner tough match tho thx
BillyCraven kibitzes: man #### you
BillyCraven kibitzes: you do nt talk
BillyCraven kibitzes: your an idiot

dorbel

I think that following Billy's death at the age of 30 and the revelation that he suffered from mental illness for which he was being unsuccessfully treated, we might decently draw a veil over this unfortunate side of his personality. This thread does no credit to fibsboard and should be pulled.

stog

that is the reason i posted again here - i saw that a guest was reading this thread.(and saw that recently 'left' PL had started the thread)

.. and i remembered i had a snippet of team lg chat with billyC i had saved as there had been some problems with certain players....

i like others had some stable conversations with billy, and it was obvious there were problems, and later when i heard he had died, i wondered as he had been young what was the story....

and so to this thread... and your well intentioned reply dorbel - that confirms what was suspected, and ordinarily after someone's departure - we do not speak ill of them, but the anonymity of the nickname does allow some scope for a real memory of the 'net personality', and also reminds us that some fibsters are in pain, or in difficulty, or that their circumstances language or culture may be very different from our own.

it is for some this very unique part of billy's grace that we will remember most, and ensures that, though he had not been on fibs for very long in relative terms, he will be remembered for his gifted backgammon - he was a very good player (although one can imagine that some days would have been very difficult for him)

there are some very robust and sometimes aggressive chat that occurs on fibs, and newbies can be amazed at what they are reading.

i think this thread remaining online, serves to remind us that often the few who are maybe a little difficult, or who may have 'tourette-like' tendencies, are maybe suffering, or some of course are being consciously or deliberately  difficult..

fibs  is  indeed a wonderfully varied gem of personalities, and on this board we try not to get personal, and i should ensure that the same standards apply to the departed as to the living.

i shall leave this thread up for now to see what other others think...

RIP billy

i for one enjoyed playing you...

dorbel

Billy has friends and relations living on. They have memories of their own and they don't need this one. We all could have been kinder to Billy while he was alive, certainly I could, but I don't think that resurrecting this will serve any useful purpose. There are still fibsters who fill shouts, tells and kibitzes with a stream of bile regularly. Shame them with a post if you must, it might even do some good!

socksey

I'm torn about how I feel about this thread.   :ohmy: 

Dorbel has some valid points.   :mellow:  So does stog.   :unsure:

I began a discourse with Billy when he first came to Fibs.  I found him warm and funny towards me.   :yes:  I also saw his other side in shouts and from chatting with others who gave me some varied reports.   :dry: 

I became aware of Billy's mental problems from him first, then I could understand.   :mellow:  Understanding as I did, I also understand, unfortunately, that I cannot defend and protect everyone in my acquaintance circle.  I have done what I could when I could, but it never seems enough and certainly in Billy's case, it was not enough.   :mellow: 

Sometimes we must accept what we cannot change and move on.   :dontknow:   

socksey

There was this guy who said he had given up on his PhD because he had realized he had nothing really interesting to say.   Wittgenstein when he heard that said, "for that alone they should have given him his PhD." - Ludwig Wittgenstein

jackdaddy

BillyCraven says: I want to say Im sorry for the other night, I was a mad man.
You tell BillyCraven: ok. ty
BillyCraven says: your still my friend...i was in #ss#o## mode.
You tell BillyCraven: apology accepted
BillyCraven says: thanx
BillyCraven says: you can tell i have a mental illness
You tell BillyCraven: not for me to judge
BillyCraven says: ill be dead before the next 10 years is up
You tell BillyCraven: i'm sorry to hear that
BillyCraven says: I recently blew off a 15 year friendship
BillyCraven says: and its caused me to do bad things
BillyCraven says: im in bad shape both emotionally and physic

We all have our own crosses to bear.

RIP Billy...

diane

Quote from: dorbel on January 17, 2010, 12:36:45 PMThere are still fibsters who fill shouts, tells and kibitzes with a stream of bile regularly. Shame them with a post if you must, it might even do some good!

Well, until it is established that they have a mental illness of course, at which point, it is no longer ok - and you will have to take the posts down again.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

dorbel

More a case of when they die I would have thought. While Billy was alive, seeing his worst excesses in print may have helped him or they may not, but for sure it can't do any good now. I thought there was a consensus that posting shout logs on fibsboard was generally undesirable anyway.

adrian

In this very thread, they posted only tells/kibitzes.
Yes , I am picky.  :sleep:
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

sixty_something

i am truly sorry to hear of Billy's death .. i had many long chats with him and tried to engage him by telephone, but that never worked out .. he was often quite candid about his illness with me and many others it seems .. i think many of us ultimately understood him and did our best to help him any way we could

regardless, i know that he was one of the most mercurial and even brilliant backgammon players i have ever seen .. i watched him play the bots many times making what seemed to me to be reckless moves and even blunders only to win and win regularly when his game was on .. when BillyC was in his zone he was a brilliant player, almost an idiot savant, imho .. however, when he was not, he could be quite a handful as many of us can testify

nonetheless, R.I.P., BillyC .. i am sorry you left us so soon

btw, suicide, imo, is neither painless or harmless .. i am not judgemental about it and consider it a legitimate option in some situations .. one of the things we have here at FIBS and at FIBSboard is a very tangible community, albeit only virtual .. while it is often impossible for a person in the depths of depression to reach out to others, it is possible for others to reach out to someone who has withdrawn themselves from their community

i know that during my absence from FIBS and FIBSboard, which was not primarily about depression but was at times quite depressing, manxcat was very purrrrsistent at staying in touch with me by telephone .. while at times i would ignore her calls and just not want to be bothered by her or anyone, i was and am most grateful for her friendship as well as that of many of you other fibsters .. while suicide was not an option for me during my time away from fibs, there were times i felt very alone .. hearing from manx and just knowing you all were out there really meant a lot for me .. i wish BillyC could have connected at that level and hope others may in the future

it's a wired, weird, and wonderful world we live in .. enjoy it while you can and keep in touch!

:beerdrinkers:
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me