News:

check out the new Small ads section (Menu top left of  front page ... Snowie 4! SOLD!!!!advertise on fibsboard and turn all that "hanging around software "into ready cash -- small ads just £5!!!

Main Menu

have added a Gallery - access via link top left front page

Started by stog, October 24, 2009, 10:16:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

bonsoir

have added a simple Gallery - access via link top left front page
i was going to add this when the new board comes out but have decided to introduce and try one out now.
all can view/and post pics
but adding a category (personal album) is for now restricted to VIP Donors and Moderators, who can also manage their album.
we are using the Lite version of this particular software - there is no slideshow-- and could if needed at a future date update to the paid pro version. there is also a more complicated setup i will install when i get the time - but again this may have to wait -- much on here!

other considerations are load put on the server with uploading/showing images is increased -- and there was a server overload this evening as you will read in the pasted shouts below..(a slideshow setup might be too much with our present set up)

anyhow we'll start it up and see!

vic asked me for one this eve and to save typing i copy/paste below

public
ou shout: yes fibsboard is down :(
angel_rose logs in.
taulajoe shouts: wonna oboma
paulh logs in.
sedat drops connection.
TimDugan shouts: thank you stog
Connection with Zoesalem timed out.
Connection with kitwoolsey timed out.
Oikeassa logs in.
dubara logs in.
You shout: mysql server problem i think
macmario logs in.
diane drops connection.
Connection with remy timed out.
TimDugan drops connection.
garyfrost logs in.
You shout: the other servers i use r fine cept no 14 and 15 !
You shout: grerr

private
when this match ends.
TimDugan says: hi stog....is fibsboard down?
You tell TimDugan: yes mysql server problem i think
TimDugan says: thank you!
vegasvic says: stog  , is there away to put all the picture of the week in one sequance ?
vegasvic says: so its not a new thread every time
vegasvic says: and you can see it like a slide show
vegasvic says: where you dont have to scroll page to page to see all of them
You tell vegasvic: yes a gallery set up - i have it for the new set up
You tell vegasvic: but it takes time and that is money so it may be some time
vegasvic says: ok
vegasvic says: well you can tell me  ,and i might be able to do it
vegasvic says: put all my pictures into one gallery
vegasvic says: would be clean
You tell vegasvic: you have to set up the new forum software --its portal and test then migrate the old database
You tell vegasvic: and then install themods  you require including a gallery
vegasvic says: never mind
vegasvic says: thats greek to me
vegasvic says: :)
vegasvic says: i have not clue about stuff like that
You tell vegasvic: no i could put up perhaps a gallery on our site as it is but i'd rather wait for the new software
You tell vegasvic: which is nearly finished
vegasvic says: ok sounds good
You tell vegasvic: Features: Ties directly into SMF, uses forum theme, members and permissions. Categories for images Comment System Keywords for picture Picture Approval Reporting of Picture User Image galleries Who is viewing a picture/gallery Permissions for adding picture, editing own picture, deleting own picture, viewing the gallery, autoapproved image postergroups, and managing the gallery Settings for max image size and max image width and height Create's thumbnails automatically for uploaded images Supports bmp, gif, jpeg, and png images

You tell vegasvic: you and me and ramses will love it!
vegasvic says: will i be able to migrarte the pictures i have posted in the picture of the week to the new gallery ?
vegasvic says: i need to transfer the ones i have posted
You tell vegasvic: i should hope so
vegasvic says: ok good lets see when its up and running
You tell vegasvic: all donations gratefully received :)

i added - but he may have just gone..

you may have to copy/paste any old individual pics from past threads you want in the gallery but we can still have a gallery to use from installation onwards............

stog

although you aren't a VIP donor mr vic - i have set up a category for you!

edit  sunday 25/10/09 the gallery seems ok and although there is no slideshow -or arrows to navigate forwards and back, it does allow you to see the photos /images in a 'quiet environment, without rushing - which the web can often produce ---