News:

**VIP donor members can set up a profile gallery, only viewable by those on their buddy list ****

Main Menu

Game 6, move 13 : Forum 6-5

Started by diane, November 03, 2009, 05:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Forum, blue, to move 6-5

7t0mAADYtoUIMA:8Im6ACAAIAAA
Never give up on the things that make you smile

roadkillbooks

Is that  Blue to move 65?

Im confused becasue I just moved 65 and on my screen Im white.

thx

roadkillbooks

ah_clem

Quote from: roadkillbooks on November 03, 2009, 05:57:45 PM

I think it's still 7am in diane's world.  (c:

Spoiler

The obvious play is to make a fourth point in the homeboard with 9/3 8/3 and hope for a shot.  However, we have to consider our timing here.  Assuming we are able to send a checker back, are  we better off with him sitting on the bar, or would we do better to have him enter and be stuck behind a blockade and watch his board crunch, possibly picking up another blot?

If we could quietly make our nine and hold, that would probably be best, but that's not an option this roll. But we can leave a checker on the midpoint and hope for a 4 to make the prime with 16/5.

I don't know which is better. With 9/3 8/3 our four point board still gives him plenty of chances to enter and be stuck, the 3-to-8 prime is still very makable, and a closeout is not so bad either. So I'll go with the "obvious" move 9/3 8/3 , then wait quietly for Dorbel to explain why I'm wrong.  This time I won't peek at any bot results.

[close]

adrian

Quote from: ah_clem on November 03, 2009, 06:54:51 PM
  (c: 

I must dig into tilting my head rightways, not especially forward and occasionally right..   :-)
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

diane

Quote from: roadkillbooks on November 03, 2009, 05:57:45 PM

I have no idea what either of you are talking about...anyone would think I make mistakes or something  :iknix: :iknix:

:lol: :lol:

diane

Quote from: ah_clem on November 03, 2009, 06:54:51 PM
Spoiler
I don't know which is better. With 9/3 8/3 our four point board still gives him plenty of chances to enter and be stuck, the 3-to-8 prime is still very makable, and a closeout is not so bad either. So I'll go with the "obvious" move 9/3 8/3 , then wait quietly for Dorbel to explain why I'm wrong.  This time I won't peek at any bot results.
[close]

Spoiler
I know I am not dorbel, and no one will take any notice of me...and there is no reason to think I might have anything like a valid point....buuuuut....I don't like making that extra board point here....
I know gammons dont matter - but, I still would like to move some of those back checkers towards home, so that they are ready to enter and get off if need be.  I also think that only way to have a chance to win this, is to get a couple of checkers back - and the way to do that, is to hit one, and get it off the bar and back in play so the game moves and we get a chance at another...rather than him simply dancing until we are forced to lose contact.  Therefore less board points, and more blockade points - and them all just outside ready to move in would be my strategy here....

Of course I am all alone with this thought...so I will wait for dorbel to come and tell me why I am wrong  ;)
[close]

dorbel

Spoiler
Making a point has to be better than threatening to make a point. 9/3, 8/3 is the play. I see your point about the hope of loosening another checker, but if we hit a shot next turn we will be a huge favourite as it is. If the shot is coming much later when two back will be necessary, we'll have had to move forward anyway.
[close]