News:

You can now show us where you live by placing a pin on the Google map in your profile.

Main Menu

hunting at kranskop

Started by Tanika, December 22, 2009, 09:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanika

oops sorry Garp..... you didn't complain...   :-) just noticed in the e-mail its YOUR pic I complained about that was removed !
if I smile it's because  I already found someone else to blame......

stog

ok -- i am locking this topic - any discussion on hunting can take place in the available topic/thread running in the Campaigns board at present -- the Campaigns section was set up for such divisive subjects and should be non personal..

the available topic/thread running in the Campaigns board at present is http://www.fibsboard.com/campaigns/the-uk-hunt-ban-rumbles-on/

the photo of human cruelty referred to has been pulled btw.

the one self censorship i apply on Fibsboard for example with my random pics on the front page, is usually to try and avoid graphic pictures of war and death - although there are symbolic ways round that (see attached pics below)  - and, hence my inclusion of the Picasso pic of the goat skull's head... (painted in the dark times of the early 1940's) ie/ if the simplistic point you are trying to make for example is that - animal killing leads to human killing (or * below) - you do not need to show/ indeed cannot show graphic photos which could further upset or inflame..make the effort to explain your point or choose a symbolic
mode of expression..

we are all free to say/do what we please, but others then are just as free to 'bop us on the beak'.
On this forum we must all manage our content..

there are though diverse opinions available from all members and, -as long as we all try and respect each other's views - we can all learn something --

i thought what diane said about "if it were posted in a hunting forum, but as it is a general/bg forum - you see now that some folks are really anti hunt - formalised  hunting with dogs is now banned here in uk, and as i live in a deer park, on a working farm, where the deer are managed - because of 'space' food etc I can certainly understand managed hunting..

Adrian's points on our often hidden and sometimes inhumane factory farming, is very relevant, and that sometimes hidden/inhumane "for profit" approach can lead to far reaching consequences --

*one might include an acceptance of 'bad practice' by folks not speaking out about things -- which may be the reason why someone posted a picture of human on human barbarity.

there are real issues that can be discussed  - but please no personal attacks and ' respect each other' please, and for these sort of contentious topics - please use the Campaigns board, and post a link to it
thx
go to http://www.fibsboard.com/campaigns/the-uk-hunt-ban-rumbles-on/
or see this interesting take on animal management..Sweden culls its resurgent wolves http://www.fibsboard.com/campaigns/the-uk-hunt-ban-rumbles-on/msg21143/#msg21143

we are indeed stewards of the world's animal variety, or at least their environment..........