News:

Try the New Recent Posts Link available above Recent Topics on the Front Page

Main Menu

Any nice sites about the game?

Started by hypnosa, December 31, 2002, 11:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hypnosa

Does anybody know some sites on the internet about the game? I am talking about sites to improve
the tactics. Please put the URL's here!
It is nice to know, especially for beginners like me  ;)
Thanks!
Check my new website: www.vrouwenpower.nl

cht

hi hypnosa,
the best side i know is for sure www.gammonline.com - kit woolseys magazine. but it costs money... for a test look at the demo-issue. the main part of it is the readers match against kit woolsey with very good commentary but kit giving you an idea about what it is all about.
for links to other sides www.back-gammon.com is very comprehensive.
a good and free side which explains concepts is redtops (hank youngermans) www.redtopbg.com.

hope this helps.

cht  B)  

dorbel

Another essential site for anyone interested in improving their game (which should be everybody!) is gammonvillage.com . It is a professional backgammon news magazine, constantly updated and has new articles on strategy every week by the likes of Bill Robertie, Walter Trice, Steve Sax (the current ABT champion) and Mary Hickey. Jake Jacobs, the most entertaining bg writer has a regular column, there is a weekly quiz and current news items. There is a huge and priceless archive of articles and annotated matches, including Trice's Beginners Boot Camp, 62 articles which make up a comprehensive learning players manual. $50 a year, enormous value. I declare an interest, I write the quiz! :)