News:

check out the new Small ads section (Menu top left of  front page ... Snowie 4! SOLD!!!!advertise on fibsboard and turn all that "hanging around software "into ready cash -- small ads just £5!!!

Main Menu

Where are they now?

Started by sixty_something, May 22, 2010, 08:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty_something

I seem to do this annually now when i return from a long absence myself .. since last October, another 72 nicks have disappeared from my JavaFIBS friends list

at log-in these nicknames show up with "No information found on user ..." in my System window .. when i was actively promoting tourneys as the Bloody Mary TD, i had a list of well over 600 "friends" .. many i didn't even know, they just had good Reps and experience .. i thought they might be good tournament players .. when they were on-line, i'd invite them to join us .. others i knew quite well from shouts, tournament play or regular chats .. some, i considered real friends, as real as virtual friends can be

now that i am no longer actively involved as a live tournament TD, my JavaFIBS Friends list has begun shrinking .. it no longer provides as complete a profile as it probably once did .. in the future, our lists of TPR tournament players may provide that for tournament players .. someday, we'll all disappear or reappear with a new name or not

regardless, i think it is still worth noting the changing landscape of FIBS nicknames

so, here is my most recent list of the disappeared .. i've highlighted folks that i know/knew well either personally,as a TD or just recognize from them being frequently on-line .. i know that some have returned under the same or different name .. for example, johnwayne, dropped on an earlier list is back with the same name .. csg is resh by yet another name .. some are doing fine just no longer active at FIBS --  RickInSF very graciously hosted me on Memorial Day weekend when i visited San Francisco .. i spoke to spanka_claus recently on the telephone .. others, i miss .. some i don't .. regardless, i hope they are all doing well

Quote from: *** No information found on this user ...
Ajax_the_Lesser
alef
antigoni
autumn
Avalon
a_hot_physicist
BackgaMother
BANQUE
blottie
boilermaker
CandyGirl
cassandra
csg
DaKid
der_schreck
deuce
DONJB
donzabackgame
EchoSierra
effendis
factotum
filos
gammontaler
ginnytonic
goodfgroove
GrillInstructor
Gunslinger
Hades
HighHopes
higonefive
jackell
javiator
jean_fatale
Jferret
jodvm
Kirinia
krautlover
kthulin
ladysusan
lollilalla
migaloo
mradica
NIHolympic
NinePointNinja
Noah
oddsR
oldreddog
palladin
Peyo
pipkicker
PortWine
rab
rdd
RickrInSF
samirah
silversufer
skeg
spanka_claus
stonedcow
sunshine
TARBABY
Tide
Tim
toft
Trilobite
trotteur
ustarz
ves
watchman
wims
wood
yonay

BTW, after pruning, my friends list is now down to about 460
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

socksey

Autumn and ginnytonic are one and the same.  I heard she was ill, but have no confirmation on that.  NiHolympic is now found on gridgammon as rebbler and did, announce his leaving of Fibs.  Donzabackgame is donzaemon who is still on Fibs. 

socksey

I read part of it all the way through. ~ Samuel Goldwyn

moonshadow

alef is the former host of fibsboard. He had forgotten his password so started a new nick, which I forgot, but he doesn't play online much now.

higonefive plays at Grid.

RickrInSF left FIBS after the Great Purge and occasionally plays at Grid.

Watchman was obliterated by patti due to inim's claim of robot manipulation or something like that.

diane

Quote from: moonshadow on October 26, 2012, 02:57:09 AMalef is the former host of fibsboard. He had forgotten his password so started a new nick, which I forgot, but he doesn't play online much now.

I mostly don't play this game..looking back isnt much my style  ;) But before a million people correct you..alef didn't host fibsboard..webrunner did..alef was just an interested bystander for a good few years  :)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

Quote from: moonshadow on October 26, 2012, 02:57:09 AM
alef is the former host of fibsboard. He had forgotten his password so started a new nick, which I forgot, but he doesn't play online much now.

The new nick for alef was dropper.

socksey

Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it. ~ Confucius