News:

want to modify your profile? -- top menu  here, then "modify profile" left menu- then "Forum Profile Information"

Main Menu

FFM 6 Game 1, move 2: Herd to move 2-2

Started by diane, July 21, 2010, 11:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Herd opened with 4-2 and played 8/4, 6/4.

r_monk was around to consult...so we quickly played on from his opening 3-1...

I kinda assumed it was a bit early for any cubing...so...Herd rolled 6-5 and moved 24-13.

r_monk then played 2-1, 24/23, 13/11.

Herd rolls 2-2, and I say lets get together and see if we can find the right set to move  ;)

sGfkASiYZ/ADIA:cAmpAAAAAAAA

I stopped with options..cos my typing finger was hurting, if there is anything you want that isn't there- argue your case, and if it is worthy, I will add it.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

Spoiler
i chose 13/9(2) because it seemed sensible and broke a snake provided builders etc altho my first desire was to knock him off and make the 2 point -- but that might be because of all the chocolate cake i had y'day!
[close]

ah_clem

Spoiler

We've got a big stack on the midpoint.  I think we need to unstack it.

The hitting play, 6/2*(2) leaves the stack in place and gives us a very weak stripped every-other-point position, so I can't imagine that this is correct.

The old saw is: attack a single checker, prime a pair.  So that leads me away from the hitting play.  What's the best priming play?  13/9(2).  And it unstacks the midpoint to boot.

The other play I'd consider is 13/11(2) 6/4 24/22 - unstack both candlesticks and get the runner moving.  At DMP or other similar match scores I'd play that, but I like the extra gammon chances of the priming play. 

13/9(2)
[close]

diane

Once again, I am faced with a deadlock...and flip a coin or wait a bit...

Spoiler
I am very much for the hit - and would consider a cube if he danced...but then I am the eternal beginner  ;)  With the vote tied between hitting and not hitting, instead bringing a builder down to the 9 slot...you might all give a moments thought to the loose hit on the two...AND bring down the checker to the 9...lovely if it works....and this early in the match, surely there is room to try a thing or two  :cool:
[close]

I will add some time - please revisit this, and if deadlock is broken in the morning, and I don't oversleep, I will move it then.

PersianLord

The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

ah_clem

Here's how to settle it:  the two moves that are tied are move #1 and move #5.  I'm in favor of move #5, but I want to be fair here, so I propose the following random method to decide. Get a pair of precision dice, and roll them - if the dice add up to  5, then play move #5.  If the dice add up to 1, play move #1.  If neither, keep re-rolling  until you get a result.

What could be more fair?

diane