News:

happy holidays! take your board to the beach!

Main Menu

Game 3, move 1: Herd to move 5-1

Started by diane, August 24, 2010, 12:02:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Ok, so after not cubing, Herd rolled 5-4 and hit...r_monk was held on the bar and some obvious moves were played leading to a single win for the Herd.

Game 3 is up and as this is a less obvious opener, I just wanted to check standard openings still apply at this score  ;)

4HPwATDgc/ABMA:cIm0AAAAGAAA

Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Spoiler

Slotting the 5 point is playable, and since we are gammon-go it might just be the best play here.

But I'll stick with the standard play of splitting the backmen.

[close]

PersianLord

Spoiler
13/8-24/23. I never slot the 5 poinr with 5-1, because with 2-1 and 4-1 I can bring builders down from the mid-point and cover the blot next turn (should I get not hit), but with 5-1 there will be no more builders than they were before, so even if I don't get hit, there's not much chance I can make the golden point. Overall, I think that 5-1 and 5-2 are amongst the worst opening rolls you can get.

Regards,

PL
[close]
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

socksey

Spoiler
Since we have a nice lead, I prefer working on making our 5 pt with this roll by moving 13/8, 6/5.  I'm told making the 5 pt is most advantageous, so I go for it.   :yes:
[close]

socksey

Rumors about her (Barbra Streisand) abounded.  She was temperamental, she was unpredictable, she was foul-mouthed, she was nuts.  She was also a helluva singer. - Mel Torme`