News:

thx diane, jeeves Caleb sixty Zorba  Linus & jackdaddy Tom  Michael r_monk Anonymous  Jade & roygbiv*  our 2013 donors..cheers! we will really need Help this year as i think we will need a better Host server

Main Menu

BANNED FROM SHOUTING

Started by garp_02, November 04, 2010, 03:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garp_02

I know Fibs belongs to Patti. I know she has her issues.....but why am I banned indefinately from shouting in a world where Patti believes in free speech?

There are people spouting hatred and bile every day - much worse than I ever have. An explananation would be nice. Apart from the one Patti sent me about Vic having issues.

I don't care that he's retarded.....just want the ability to defend myself if he tries to pick on me :thumbsup:

diane

Don't ya love the equity around here  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Patti

garp, you know exactly why you're not allowed to shout and what the conditions are for you getting your shouts back.  The fact is that you've been unwilling to agree not to be a jackass on FIBS.  I've been very clear about this, and you have repeatedly refused.

What are you trying to accomplish by making this public?  Do you think that I'm going to change my mind and allow you to be a jerk in shouts just because you're dragging everyone else into it?  (Hint:  creating drama is generally not going to sway me in your favor.)

NIHILIST

I believe garp has every right to be a jackass on FIBS. Why should Vic be the only one ?

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

vegasvic

Why do i keep on getting dragged into other peoples problems ? 

NIHILIST

You're quite misunderstood.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

vegasvic

QuoteApart from the one Patti sent me about Vic having issues.

I am not the only one having issues with you garp ... the list is long .

jackdaddy

Quote from: garp_02 on November 04, 2010, 03:31:45 PM
I know Fibs belongs to Patti. I know she has her issues.....but why am I banned indefinately from shouting in a world where Patti believes in free speech?

Indefinitely

garp_02

Oh dear.

Patti, I have repeatedly told you that I am quite prepared to behave in shout but reserve the right to respond when attacked. I think that's pretty reasonable, but you don't seem to.

My question was more to do with why I am being treated differently to others   :)
Should you deem to answer it, I'm sure everyone would benefit.

Vic.....I wasn't referring to your issues with me - it is obvious when you ask as many people as you can on my vouch list to withdraw. I was referring more to your general issues  ;)

vegasvic

NIHILIST

Vic knows all about mirrors, he spends about 10 hours a day in front of them.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

garp_02

In your world, that may be the truth Vic.

In the real world, however, things are slightly different.

You are well known for being an #ss#o## - I didn't judge you because that's the kind of guy I am..........until you made it your mission to get me barred from Fibs. Personally, Vic, I don't give a sh** about you - from what I've seen, you are not worth bothering about. And I respect that you have 'problems' in the mental area.

However, I don't see how I should have my rights withdrawn, while you, and many others continue with your abuse in the lobby. I know why Patti won't bar you because of your 'condition', but that's not my fault.

I have made many attempts to hold out the olive branch - invited you to many games. All I get back is abuse. Unlike you, I don't save every conversation and post it to Patti.........I guess that's part of the 'condition' though.

Vic, you started all this and Patti feels sorry for you. Me? I just want the owner of Fibs to treat everyone equally......or give it back to the Swedes :thumbsup:

vegasvic

garp_02

Patti

Yes, garp, and when you agree to unconditionally moderate your behavior you can have your shouts back.

Did you really think that making this public would further your case?

garp_02

You avoid the question Patti - why should I when no-one else does?

I have no idea actually why I am banned and many other people aren't - perhaps you would enlighten the great unwashed masses.

As for bringing it into the public domain - of course I didn't think it would make you change your mind, because I have no idea where your mind is at. And, to be honest, I rarely visit shouts anyway - just don't like favouritism and injustice  :(

jackdaddy

I agree. garp is being singled out here. I think it's horrible the way that patti lets vics behavior go unpunished. Hmmm...Wait a sec...

PersianLord

Personally, I think that the best situation in FIBS will be achieved when there's absolutely no law & regulation pertaining to abuse, harassment,  etc. All the retaliatory/punishing action should be left to the ultimate discretion of the FIBS nation, individually.

This way we'll all enjoy 'freedom' in its purest sense of meaning and also no one will bother Patti for such trivial things as the banning of a certain obnoxious Brit, called garp.

PL

PS: For the record, I was the one preaching for a FIBS police back when I was a noobe.
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

vegasvic

will you guys please keep me out of this .... this has nothing to do with me and everything to do with  garps behavior .

i am in  enough trouble with patti as it is ... and you all do not need to add to it !!

thank you very much !!

NIHILIST

Vic must feel like he's being nibbled to death by gerbils. The notion that Vic's conduct is being criticized by intellectually constipated fools like garp or jagdaddy is laughable.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler