BANNED FROM SHOUTING

Started by garp_02, November 04, 2010, 03:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garp_02

'intellectually constipated'?

It's this kind of personal abuse I'd like to see banished from Fibs.

stog

for most forms of intellectual constipation try some of  this or better a wee bit of this

jackdaddy

Quote from: NIHILIST on November 08, 2010, 05:52:39 PM
Vic must feel like he's being nibbled to death by gerbils. The notion that Vic's conduct is being criticized by intellectually constipated fools like garp or jagdaddy is laughable.

Bob

Bob, bob, bob, even vic knew my comment was meant sarcastically...

vegasvic

If intellectually constipated please try some  Re_Lax after meals ..

boog

Yep. Ol` moo moo patti does play a mean game of double standard. But there are ways around all of that.  :giggle:
"Liberals are free thinkers. Free of standards. Free of historical facts and free to disagree without a clue as to how they came to have this freedom" -Markee

spielberg

I agree with PL on this one, though I acknowledge Patti's obvious prerogative I greatly prefer total free speech. Let idiots shout garbage - it makes it far easier to identify them.

PS amusing to see PersianLord is now quoting the Unabomber rather than Nietzche!

socksey

Strange how both Persian_Lord and vegasvic have been banned from shouting permanently since this thread began.   :ohmy:

I'm saddened to lose them all in shouts, and that includes don.   :unhappy:

socksey

A man may smile and bid you hail Yet wish you to the devil;  But when a good dog wags his tail, You know he's on the level. ~ Author Unknown

diane

One or two more from this thread gone, and it will be lovely  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

You mean you and I?   :lol:

socksey

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your
face. - Ben William

diane

jackdaddy

diane

Quote from: socksey on April 03, 2011, 01:13:43 AM

I'm saddened to lose them all in shouts, and that includes don.   :unhappy:

Serious now..what saddens me is not losing those who wish to make fibs 'interesting' by creating drama and filling a void in their life which only constant battling will do for them, but losing those 'thin skinned real players'.

The ones I met in vegas, who learned to play on fibs many years ago - and left because of the nastiness. The ones who left because you cannot run a tournament around here without someone making it unplayable.

The others I have met in various countries, who regard FIBs as some sort of dirty secret and something to be ashamed of, because it makes all bg players look bad.

The Euro bg parties still go ahead - but without the association with FIBs -because those players all got too fed up with the childishnes and nastiness of the place.

Kit Woolsey puts the money into the hardware, Patti spends huge amounts of time administering this place - do you think they do that for as many as perhaps 10 or 12 players to fight, argue and gang up on anyone new??

It is the first place new people find when they google backgammon online, it should be a great positive experience, where they meet new players, make friends and learn how to improve their play.

Do you think it is that right now?? Think of the BAGO tournament the other day - what a farce. All so some people can have a bit of a thrill.  

The trouble makers losing some ability to cause trouble does not sadden me at all - I rejoice..it is a step in the right direction.

moonshadow

While the moderators were dueling, SPAMMER wzy4545 runs amok on the board.

sixty_something

Quote from: moonshadow on April 03, 2011, 12:26:37 PM

moonshadow, we can always use help, as moderators and as TD's .. clearly, you have a passion for all fings FIBS and the game .. have you considered joining us?

of course, i have no power to appoint or annoint anyone .. even my attempts at being a good Bloody Mary Czar are suspect at best, but i do the best i can .. i do know this, the zoo needs all the zookeepers we can muster

hm, why does something someone said about giving matches to a pyromaniac when you ask him or her to guard the house come to mind? :lol:

regardless, the nice thing about virtual houses,l zoos, and communities is that the houses don't actually burn down, the animals seldom leave, and the road goes on forever, the party never ends
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

KDP

i agree with diane 100%.  i can name at least a half dozen fibsters i now see regularly on gridgammon.  you'd have to ask them which site they prefer.  i left for a time last year because of all the crap that was going on but have come back because in the end,  fibs in my opinion is still the best place to play.  yes it has its faults but i think patti is taking steps to correct them.  whether or not you agree with her is one thing, but recognizing there is a problem and taking any type of action to fix it is a positive.

socksey

I remind all you who want to banish everyone, that you have the beautiful feature of "gag".  It's there for anyone to use.  It works great and it's easy to do.  Noone has to put up with anyone.   :mellow:

Even with the new (to some) rule of "no blind in the finals of tourneys", you still have the option "gag".  I really don't see the problem.   :(

socksey

Properly trained, a Man can be Dog's best friend. ~ Corey Ford

dorbel

QuoteI really don't see the problem.   Sad

Says it all really.

RickrInSF

QuoteI remind all you who want to banish everyone, that you have the beautiful feature of "gag".

I've heard this all too often and it is mostly used to defend bad behavior.

first off, no one wants to "banish everyone", wanting everyone to behave is much different than wanting everyone gone.

second, when you gag someone, you can't follow shouts completely, and usually end up answering someone that was not talking to you or asking if someone you have gagged just shouted. how many times have you seen donz shout "oh, was that RickrInSF shouting, i have him gagged, he is an #ss#o##". so, gag doesnt really work, and everyone knows it,

so why can't everyone just act nice, like a family get together where everyone behaves because there are children there, if there is a disagreement or yelling, name calling, or bad behavior of anykind is seen by you as something that you have to say, and can't hold it in - take it to tells.

diane

Quote from: moonshadow on April 03, 2011, 12:26:37 PM

Good point! I saw the posts - and was going after them..in a minute, but the board isnt showing them as 'unread posts' for me.  I dont know why, and I forgot them.

The board does that for some reason, I dont understand. For instance - I know I am not going to read the bloody Mary thread, as I dont play in it - and it mostly doesnt concern me...but it will stay forever in the 'unread post' list, unless I mark it as read. Other posts though, which I do want to check out...vanish forever. I often do multiple checks - but didnt last night  :wacko:

Has anyone taken them down now - because I really cant find them anywhere - not even in 'the bin'???

adrian

Shout "resources" should be equally distributed : 168 characters per individual, per week.  :unsure:
I will shout #### 42 times a week, 6 times each day from monday to saturday and once sunday.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.