News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

FIBS Tourney Cup 2010

Started by Naavanaxx, November 28, 2010, 07:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Quote from: sixty_something on December 02, 2010, 02:59:35 PM
name them something similar and it looks like a series to me -- call it the City Lights Tour ..

I like that  :cool:

And yes, 3/5 is the right format to get it all started, and to introduce new players to tourney playing.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

I love it.

What is too funny is that I was joking around about the USA time zones and you guys turn it into a feature!

This will happen.

First I want to make sure I have the stupid clock errors fixed.

I have made good progress there, but still testing

tom

diane

Ok, I think I have settled on a couple that would be nice to kick off Tourneys for Australia.

Saturday Stubbies [to be a direct comparison to saturday minis] - run at 03:00 UTC, Saturday [4pm local time] - so the same format as minis - ie all 2 point matches.

Sunday Session - Sunday evening tourney, I have been trialling times and 8pm locally seems best - 07:00 UTC. Usual 3/5 format.

I have asked Tom to set these to run on auto - so we might see them start this weekend  :cool:

Tom

Yes I will get these set up for this weekend.

I am happy to see us opening up new timezones!

tom

diane

Well, the god news, is that stubbies opened fine..without me..but I did muck up the times..

They should be 05.00 UTC t start at 4pm locally, and 09.00 UTC to start at 8pm local time. [we are UTC+11]

However...maybe these times will be better - lets give them a go  ;)