News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

FIBSTER'S PICS TOURNEY

Started by mano, May 10, 2004, 06:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mano

Hello !

Yes, The FIBSTER'S PICS TOURNEY is open for registration !
To sign in, you must log in to FIBS and tell TOURNEYBOT register 500.

For some infos you can type "tell tourneybot tourney 500".
You can also visit ( if not already done !) the http://fibsleagammon.free.fr web site and click on TOURNEY then FIBSTER'S PICS TOURNEY. The brackets will be updated there as soon as possible.

:ohmaster:    :ohmaster:    :ohmaster:    :ohmaster:    :ohmaster:  
Very thanks to TOMAWAKY for hosting the brackets page on FIBSLEAGAMMON.FREE.FR !
:ohmaster:    :ohmaster:    :ohmaster:    :ohmaster:    :ohmaster:  

Here's a brief description of what is this tourney :

As already said, each player who intend to participate will have to send his/her picture to the following address : mano_back@tiscali.fr.
By this way i will have his/her @ e-mail and will include it as a mailto link on her/his pseudo.
The picture you send me should be lower than 100 KO and able to be reducted to ~ 20KO by me in order to use it for brackets.The full picture will be shown in an other windows by clicking the small !

(then you can print it)

All matches will be 9 points except the final in 13 points.
Players will have around 15 days to play their match ...
I don't want to "kill" a player if i set a too inflexible rule for lenght of rounds ... after 15 days i'll ask you if you tried to contact your opponent and what has resulted, i'll try to be comprehensive and fair !
I hope it will be fun to play on FIBS with the picture of your opponent in front of you !

For any question as copyright, anonymity, changes of picture or e-mail ... : please email me with your FIBS pseudo in the object.

I'm open to any suggestion or good idea ; The project is not rigid and if a modification should ameliorate it, i will include it ... if possible in this first one or in the future ones if it works.

mano

hypnosa

Very good initiative  :yes:

You said to have a look at the fibsleaggamon site but I cannot find
information there.
Or is it not on there yet??
Check my new website: www.vrouwenpower.nl

mano

i was a bit busy with the html !!!

Now it starts to work >>> go to http://fibsleagammon.free.fr/tpicture.htm

Still time to join for around 45 players ........ the tourney will begin on the 6th of June .... Mother Day in France and DDay ! what a date for tourney half a mille !

mano

Hello !

We've got 43 players until today .... but i only receive 22 pics ....
There's still 21 open sits . I won't accept players who didn't send their pic when the tourney begins on Sunday 6 June .
I have a question for MadMatt :
I will then have to forfeit a player ... i thought about 2 solutions : ban the players before the tourney begins or let tourneybot make the pairing and award the win to the other player ... ( i don't think the command dropout <player name> tourney # will work ?)

I will be annoyed in the case of all sits are taken preventing new players to sign in ....

Pics will be viewable when the tourney begins.
In order to not have a too heavy page pics will be loaded if you mouse over the "?".
You can load the full picture by clicking the "?" or little pic ....

Hope everybody will have fun !

MadMatt

Where's the problem? Just kick out those who haven't sent you their pic before starting the tourney.
MadMatt
----------

TourneyBot Website