News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Where do we draw the line?

Started by Tanika, April 06, 2011, 11:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanika

After yet another evening in FIBS, and repeatedly asking "Where do we draw the line". I still have no answer. Where do personal abuse start? Only when someone burst out because they get fed up with being poked in shouts? I can understand how some people burst out in anger. I was close to it a couple of times the last couple of days. Even asking Patti directly, I still have no clarity. So should I, like vic was forced more than once, to confront these persons in shouts and risk to be banned? Lower myself to a level where I refuse to be to get them off my back, so that afterwards I can be made out as a "troll" ?  It seems like "vic is out, now let's go after his friends". This is not about vic being banned , but because I am "poked" with remarks.... and I had enough! Preacher, practice what you preach!  Proclaiming what a wonderful place shouts is since vic is banned , but then making it a mission to make shouts unpleasant for other people. If you THINK this may be you, then probably it is!!!! For me personal abuse start the second I feel offended of humiliated by a remark. So before anyone start throwing stones, think of how many "buttons" YOU have pushed that may have caused a outburst in shouts !
if I smile it's because  I already found someone else to blame......

KissMyAss

Babygirl, do you need some KMA lessons in BlahFuckEm101??  lol.  And if there are people out there going after his friends, well....... I AM ONE OF THEM, SO BRING IT!

Hugs beautiful
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

diane

After yet another morning of logging in to find the 'we want free speech', 'equal rites for everyone', 'free whoever', yes it is tedious and about time it stopped.  Perhaps if that stops, the drama that it is deliberately firing up will stop.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained from sitting in shouts stirring up nasty comments - get over it, or write emails to Patti. There is no one here, or in shouts that can do anything about it.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

Your outburst was forwarded to Patti this morning, diane. 

socksey

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3 a can.  That s almost $21 in dog money. - Joe Weinstein

GreenChile

Quote from: diane on April 07, 2011, 03:48:31 AM
After yet another morning of logging in to find the 'we want free speech', 'equal rites for everyone', 'free whoever', yes it is tedious and about time it stopped.  Perhaps if that stops, the drama that it is deliberately firing up will stop.

There is absolutely nothing to be gained from sitting in shouts stirring up nasty comments - get over it, or write emails to Patti. There is no one here, or in shouts that can do anything about it.

Yet... Diane in her infinite non-wisdom decides to take a crack about socksey being the silent TD this afternoon...  completely unprovoked and unnecessary.

You know, the problem with this "theory" floating around that somehow I am being misled or lied to is that diane and inim et al. keep proving vic right in his assessments with their behavior.

You wanna tussle?  Let's tussle.

diane

Quote from: GreenChile on May 05, 2011, 02:05:47 AM

Yet... Diane in her infinite non-wisdom decides to take a crack about socksey being the silent TD this afternoon...  completely unprovoked and unnecessary.

Yet greenchile, in her infinite wisdom, keeps getting confused. I did not know about socksey until AFTER I made that remark..wildthing filled me in. I was only referring to the 'other' shoutbanned TD..hence the 'years ago' remark.

Keep on sniping Chile...you might get the story right one day.

ah_clem

Quote from: Tanika on April 06, 2011, 11:19:14 PM
After yet another evening in FIBS, and repeatedly asking "Where do we draw the line". I still have no answer.

diane

I love the bunny...I need to know more about the bunny..is it your bunny?..is it your pancake?..did you eat the pancake after the photo?...did you eat the bunny...no that is mean...

Seriously - gotta love the bunny..

maria

Quote from: diane on May 05, 2011, 03:34:27 AM
I love the bunny...I need to know more about the bunny..is it your bunny?..is it your pancake?..did you eat the pancake after the photo?...did you eat the bunny...no that is mean...

Is it wrong to love the pancake more than the bunny???

garp_02

'this is not about vic being banned' yet vic is mentioned four times in Tanika's post!!!

I think we all know what this is about.....and it's not backgammon  :sleep:

ah_clem

Quote from: diane on May 05, 2011, 03:34:27 AM

Wikipedia is your friend.

NIHILIST

There is still personal abuse occurring on FIBS ? I'm shocked, I thought all the ill-speaking ne'er-do-wells had been forever silenced. Based on a personal conversation I had with Patti it's easy to conclude that abuse still occurs because she is a liar and a hypocrite.

A liar because her words mean nothing. Her statement in the MOTD that states NO EXCEPTIONS is a blatant falsehood.

A hypocrite because she has established double standards that she applies to some annointed people but not to others.

I brought a clear example of abuse to her attention but she blew it off, stating that, in her opinion, the offending shout was true. I reminded her that many times she has stated that just because a statement is true, it doesn't excuse the concomitant abuse. To this, not surprisingly, she had no response.

I have known Patti personally for years. While I never traded Christmas cards with her or went on a cruise together, I always appreciated and respected what she does with FIBS.

No longer.

At the end of the day, it's Patti's lemonade stand. If Her ultimate goal is to have a site populated by the likes of inim and diane and a few dozen phone users and bots, so be it. But she certainly should pay heed to some long-time FIBSters who have never shouted one word of abuse whose recent shouts make it pretty clear that they don't like or condone what she's doing.

Bob

Robert J Ebbeler

ah_clem

Perhaps a meloncake instead of a pancake?

Leudwulf

I have an affinity for this one.

diane

Quote from: ah_clem on May 05, 2011, 12:25:09 PMWikipedia is your friend.

:jawdropper:  I had no idea there was so much in it!!!! FIBs teaches me so much.

pck

Quote from: Tanika on April 06, 2011, 11:19:14 PM
After yet another evening in FIBS, and repeatedly asking "Where do we draw the line". I still have no answer.

After 3 years in shouts I finally figured it out. We draw the line in the sand.

moonshadow

Quote from: pck on May 06, 2011, 11:51:15 PM

Thought provoking.

And after the tide comes in and erases the line in the sand, imperfect and scraggly though it may be, what are we left with?

Lest we end up like those little boys in The Lord of the Flies we should probably redraw the line in the sand, even though it differs from the old line, washed away by the ocean tide.

And its certainly best we draw the line in the sand rather than carve it in stone.

ah_clem

Quote from: pck on May 06, 2011, 11:51:15 PM

Put the line in the coconut, drink them both together,
Put the line in the coconut, then you feel better,
Put the line in the coconut, drink them both up,
Put the line in the coconut, and call me in the morning

diane

I have no idea what you are talking about..so here is a video of a deceased bunny with various items on its head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA8OrXVfj-w&feature=player_embedded#at=13

Patti

Your mother probably told you, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

Before you shout, ask yourself if, following that rule, your mother would approve of what you are about to say.  If not, don't do it.