News:

Free Competition -"Risk - no risk!"-has just ended. curanar, wintom & stog won copies of Bgblitz2Go. details  here http://www.fibsboard.com/free-competition-win-bgblitz2go-p85

Main Menu

Game 2, move 2: clemstog 4-2

Started by diane, May 25, 2011, 09:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Position ID: 4HPhICTgc/AJIA
Match ID: MAGqAAAACAAA
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Our appologies to the Herd, but gilesashton has dropped us.  I'm not sure of the details or what was the issue, but he's decided not to play anymore. 

So, stog and I are going to step in and tag-team as the "box" to finish out the match.  I'll be moving for the box for the next week or so, then stog will step in. I don't know that I can provide the same level of competition as giles, but I'll do the best I can.

On to the move:  a good roll for white here.  I can do any of several good things:

Make my 4 point
Make my 11 point
Hit loose on my bar point.
Safety the blot on the 13 and slot the golden point.

Which is best?

Moving up to the 20 is leading with my chin - it's utg there and will just be hit, so I'm going to dismiss that option.

I don't really want the 11 point, I'd only be making that move to play safe, but the Herd lacks a board and has four blots strewn about so safe play is not the way to go. 

Hitting loose is nice and aggressive, knocks the Herd off balance and gives me a chance to scoop up another blot if I'm not hit back.  Tempting, but I think I'll go for the permanent asset.  If I can get into a blot hitting contest having that point will help immensely.

So, please to move 8/2 4/2 when you get a chance, Diane.

diane

Quote from: ah_clem on June 01, 2011, 08:28:08 PM
Our appologies to the Herd, but gilesashton has dropped us.  I'm not sure of the details or what was the issue, but he's decided not to play anymore. 

So, stog and I are going to step in and tag-team as the "box" to finish out the match.  I'll be moving for the box for the next week or so, then stog will step in. I don't know that I can provide the same level of competition as giles, but I'll do the best I can.

He didnt drop, he was finding it hard to fit the match in, and resigned...but it seemed a waste of a match which had developed some interesting positions already.

Thanks to you two for picking it up  :cool:
Never give up on the things that make you smile