News:

most Recent Posts and Recent Topics now viewable on the front page!

Main Menu

Game 2, move 2: Herd 6-5

Started by diane, June 01, 2011, 09:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Position ID: mGfwCSDgc+EgJA
Match ID: cIm6AAAACAAA

There are lots of options here, so if there is something you would like to argue for that isnt included, please do so - I can add it.

Never give up on the things that make you smile

Krazula

Spoiler
I like 24/18 9/4. The logic behind the 6 is clear, it makes the bar point which is a good anchor to have because it makes it so we are unlikely to have problems with releasing our back men when the time comes and it takes control of the outfield. The 5 is trickier but I think the right play is to slot our 4 point because the 4 is a nice point to make, also there is some duplication happening, it takes a 3 to hit either of our blots. Although giles' board is stronger than ours it still isn't too strong yet so I think the risk of putting the checker within direct range is a better choice than stripping our midpoint. I don't think 6/1* is right because only 2 things are likely to happen if we do that, either giles rolls a 1 and hits us, or he doesn't roll a 1 and that checker is then out of play, its true that hitting him would take half his roll away because he must enter before doing anything else, but there are no real serious threats that we need to worry about preventing yet.
[close]

ah_clem

Quote from: diane on June 01, 2011, 09:58:24 PM
Position ID: mGfwCSDgc+EgJA
Match ID: cIm6AAAACAAA

There are lots of options here, so if there is something you would like to argue for that isnt included, please do so - I can add it.

How about 8/3 8/2?

stog

Spoiler
i like the hit on the 1; yes it may be buried, or recycled but i think we need some tempo, and, if we safety 2 backmen on his 6 point, then we have a chance to avoid a possible blitz, and disrupt any building he may be able to do with 2 dice- i vote for 24/18 6/1*, but 24/18, 13/8 is also solid
[close]

diane

Quote from: ah_clem on June 02, 2011, 02:25:02 AMHow about 8/3 8/2?

Whose side are you on???

Oh yeah..suddenly you are the opposition!!   :laugh: :laugh:
Never give up on the things that make you smile