News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Game 3, move 0: Herd 5-2

Started by diane, June 05, 2011, 11:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Position ID: 4HPwATDgc/ABMA
Match ID: cAm1ABAACAAA

Having dropped the cube, the score is now 1-1, with Herd to open.

Never give up on the things that make you smile

Krazula

Spoiler
24/22 13/8 or 13/8 13/11, either way is okay. I used to always play 13/11 fearing getting blitzed if I played 24/22 and my opponent rolled 55, but now I play 13/11. Either way yields the same amount of equity though.
[close]

ah_clem

Spoiler

The rollouts for an opening of 5-2 at gammon go suggest playing D (bring two down from the midpoint 13/8 13/11). At 4-away, a doubled gammon wins the match, so it's a gammon-go score.

Of course, I could just be saying this to sway the Herd in the wrong direction. Caveat Emptor.

[close]

diane

Thanks for the input clem, of clemstog....where do you get D from??? Is it the same place you get your dice??

Wouldnt 'option 2', or even B, make more sense  :blink:

Ok folks - think about his offering..is it a strangely labelled red herring..or not?  ;)

ah_clem

Quote from: diane on June 06, 2011, 04:03:36 AM
Thanks for the input clem, of clemstog....where do you get D from???

D in this context is standard Nactation.   It simplifies discussion of opening rolls. 

diane

oh...ok....I see....please try to include any useful translating codebooks like this in all your posts in future - thanks  :cool: