News:

click the little + - buttons to customise your Fibsboard (unclick them sometimes to see what you're missing :)

Main Menu

Game 4, move 1: clemstog 6-2

Started by diane, June 16, 2011, 09:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Position ID: 4NvgATCMZ/ABMA
Match ID: MAGrABAAGAAA

Game 3 played out straightforwardly, clemstog entered without hitting and were gammoned.

File attached to show moves.

Game 4 opened with 5-3, played 8/3, 6/3, Herd rolled 6-1 - 13/7, 8/7.

No cube screams at that point, so clemstog rolled 6-2.

I will be pausing more often for cubes in this game  ;)

Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

12/20 -- i like the slot, but maybe you can wait diane for a while to see if clem, my other half is agin this and why..
alternatives are the splits, but i need to take care lest the herd throws big dubbs and squeezes me out for a gammon - given their present rolling history..
then there is the safe and probably better play of 12/18 12/14 :)

will look in later to see if my better half has passed comment and make my/our decision

diane

Quote from: stog on June 16, 2011, 09:55:30 PM
12/20 -- there is the safe and probably better play of 12/18 12/14 :)

Erm..you are white and going the other way....places you might like to consider moving from are the 24 or 13 points...
Never give up on the things that make you smile

stog

thx ;) it's my herdishness (or a busy day.... ps - upgraded the forum again today 2 hours this am before my own work here - doing major security updates to both main parts of our forum software -- and because our setup has historical anomalies - each upgrade requires further fine tuning and edits)- all seems ok but let me know if anything is strange)

-- better rethink
still like the slot 13/5 best
or there is the split and run
or 13/7 13/11

will wait and see if clem logs in before deciding
thx diane

stog

ah_clem

Blue has made the bar point and threatens to box in white's runners.  White has made a homeboard point, so an exchange of hits favours white.  I wouldn't slot here since there's no outfield builder to cover (24 shakes to cover the blot instead of the usual 30 after slotting an opening of 21), but it may well be correct.  I'd just run out to the 16.  Then again, it's gammon go for clemstog so the more aggressive move may be in order.

In any case, I'm playing with the Herd now, so it's entirely stog's call.

stog

i guessed you were thinking that way clem -  and you, like I in this match, still have a foot in both camps -- i shall be away this weekend, so if you want to 'decide' our next move b4 i return np - enjoy

yes i have opted for the aggressive - let's at least try and get ourselves a board approach, but a future move may allow us to make the point or anchor higher in his board -- it all depends -- i thought i just saw a 4-1, so it looks as though we may face a cube soon , but we could take and anchor this higher and assemble a board -- then get him /re whip and win

man i believe in fairies :)