News:

welcome to Fibsboard! your global moderators are stog (and mrs stog) socksey sixty diane zorba and a wonderful group of individual board moderators ......thx to ALL

Main Menu

Krazy Kiwi Klassic Kommunications

Started by KissMyAss, June 18, 2011, 01:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KissMyAss

Wow, almost a month since the last post?   :unhappy:
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

KissMyAss

And i guess it will be longer than that now, since the tourney tonite was killed.  Someone registered, I had the numbers when I joined, and boom they pulled out cos they didn't want to play with someone else who was registered. 

Therefore, my tourney was killed off.  NO mention in the tpr list, and I haven't received any emails regarding the below table that you suggested that I should do because it would get player participation up, and oh it would be so wonderful to be on the tpr listing.

WHAT am I getting out of it exactly??  Sweet.... well you know.

Seems to me that it's a complete waste of my time lately, to actually be online on these freezing cold nites, running tourneys that are obviously unappreciated. 
There seems to have been a drop off in support since I introduced my rule of 'all the bs from outside the tourney stays out of it'.  Oh yeah, don't think I haven't noticed.  Cos I have.  And quite frankly, I find it amusing!  A sad reflection on the part of the participants if you can't handle the fact that myself, and my new players, don't want to read the sh** from yesterday, or last week, or five years ago....

Sorry if that upsets you.  But I wasn't here five years ago, it's got nothing to do with me, as I have said, and I won't have my players subjected to it. 

Don't include me in the tpr listing then if I am such a bother.  I've been excluded for the last month, so it won't bother me to be excluded now.  And "oh i guess we just forgot you" doesn't wash with me, cos all the other tourneys have their results tabled and listed.  Regardless of whatever tactics are going on behind the scenes, I WILL NOT stop running these tourneys at the times I have allotted for them.  I WILL NOT be going away quietly into the great beyond and letting your little club get back to the way it was before I got here. 

I AM HERE, I AM STAYING and there is NOTHING you can do to that will make me change my mind on that.  Good luck trying though, it's been very entertaining, as i am sure it will continue to be.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

Tanika

Wow ! Tasha?  who pi*** you off girl?
if I smile it's because  I already found someone else to blame......

garp_02

WTG KMA....don't let the b*****ds get you down  :thumbsup:

moonshadow

KMA, a few points to consider:

--the real reason you are apparently upset is not that someone dropped out of a tourney because of someone else who had joined, but that because the tourney has been struggling to get enough participants to even run a tourney.

If you consistently had 15 or 20 tourney participants, it would not even be an issue if 1 or 2 participants dropped out because they were more interested in drama than playing backgammon.

--your failure to realize from the start that the dynamics of the past, for better or for worse, affect the future and that while some will take steps to change those dynamics, others will not. You have set yourself up for major disappointment if you think otherwise and if you do not take those dynamics into account, then you are naive.  

--though your tourney may fail in the long run due to lack of participation, it should not be a reflection on your self-worth or taken "personally". There have been various FIBS tourneys and formats over the years that have failed and you are naive if you think yours doesn't have the possibility of dying out as well.

--if your tourney eventually fails, then it fails and that's it. Its not necessarily a reflection on you or your abilities or the amount of effort you put forth to make it work.

--I find it difficult to take you seriously due to the passive-aggressive and "poor me" tone of your post. I also don't think you realize how much of a target you make if one were to pick apart your post and smack it down with rational sarcastic rejoinder.

--it would also be logical, based on your public shouts on human sexuality, the details of your personal sexual performance and experiences, as well as your predictable penchant for trying to turn anything into a sexual double entendre, that you hold a backgammon tournament on myfreecams where your boobage could be freely given to all FIBsters that wanted to play backgammon and play with your boobs at the same time.

diane

Quote from: KissMyAss on June 22, 2011, 01:29:36 PM
NO mention in the tpr list, and I haven't received any emails regarding the below table that you suggested that I should do because it would get player participation up, and oh it would be so wonderful to be on the tpr listing.

I dont understand this..you ARE listed in the TPR..

http://www.fibsboard.com/general-chit-chat/fibs-tournament-schedule/msg22483/#msg22483

This Wednesday tourney is in every TPR post...

http://www.fibsboard.com/other-tournaments/tournament-player-rankings-2011/msg27493/#new

Sadly in the caseof this post, with 0 entrants. As moonshadow states, this is not YOUR fault, it is a lack of participants in this time zone.  I am glad you wont stop, because that IS changing, this tourney is running more often than it isnt, which is a great start for what is still a very young tournament.

Dont forget, the BAGO and others have been running for over 5 years, and they started out small too...it just needs to get regulars, then some ad hocs...and we too can have 24 player tourneys  ;)  I recall Kari and me talking when Fridays3 was the one and only regular tourney on fibs, and he was pleased beyond measure if it got a full 8 bracket [and we were running all that on paper]...

The drama is fibsters..it is diminishing though and again will eventually become a thing of the past.  They will get that fun is fun, and drama is not fun..eventually  :laugh: 

I do want more tourneys on this end..and two more are coming - watch the tourney schedule  ;)

Lastly the posts for this thread, that is the only thing that you don't have...sixtie was preparing those for you, I will offer to do it if he cant keep that going on top of everything else he is doing for the TPR system.

Never give up on the things that make you smile

dorbel

A bit tough there mr moonshadow. Kma is doing her best to get something going. She may not be everybody's cup of tea, but she is a character and has a good heart. I think that time slot will eventually support an 8 -16 player tournament. I would play in it but it is usually a bad time for me. I may even have been the fly in the ointment that drove somebody away on this occasion, because for once I did enter!

KissMyAss

While there's not a lot I can do in the tourneys I co-td for, I can and will arse you from the Kiwi if you continue.   I know what you're doing, and based on advice received, it will be ignored for now.  UNLESS it hits the Kiwi.  Then you're mine!  Consider this your only warning!   

Perhaps you need some reminding.  Here you go:

Common Rules

1. Players are expected to give tourney matches the highest priority and save any other match they may be playing when their tourney match is ready.
2. Opponents may not use any aids to evaluate moves this includes getting coaching from a watcher directly or indirectly. PIP counts may be enabled.
3. The Opponents have the right to play their match with no disruptions. Watchers should use the "whisper" command to comment. If you use kibitz, shout about the match, or talk directly to the players, you can expect to be blinded and/or gagged by either player.
4. Exceptions to rule #3: - The TD may briefly interrupt a match for tournament-related issues that can't wait until the match is finished.
5. A Watcher may be gagged or blinded by either opponent without any explanation. The TD may not be gagged or blinded by a player, unless they are violating Rule #3.

Continued flagrant disregard of the rules, will result in swift action in the Kiwi.  I'm not running all these tourneys to have a select few try to ruin them for everyone else.

KissMyAss

Just a quick note to thank all of my regular players for your continued support.  Some of you have been there right from the beginning, for which I am eternally grateful.   

There are still lots of places available in each Kiwi tourney for new players, so if you have yet to participate and want to learn in a more casually run, fun, friendly atmosphere, seek me out in fibs and I will help you register for the tourney, and show you how things function.   Your matches are your own to play, I'm not even going to begin to offer advice in that department, (check my rating and you will see why!  lol)  but I can help you get in the tourney and get your matches started.  If you have any questions I can't personally answer, chances are I know someone who will have the information.  Failing that, I'm the Self Appointed Goddess of Google Search.  :)

Even though you may have never played tourneys before, and you may get spooked by the rating of some of the other players.... don't be shy, come and join in!   I don't bite....... till the second date at least!     :)

captainmubbers

I don't bite....... till the second date at least!

That's not what I heard...........or maybe it's the nasty suck you have to watch out for  :ohmy:

:wub:
Riding on a high and windy day

KissMyAss

You didn't think it was so nasty babes!    hehehe

:wub: you too!    :sexe:

KissMyAss

My Christmas message is in the process of being composed, it will be going out to the lucky recipients who are on my friends list in about 7 days from now.  Apparently last year's one got a few of you worried that I was leaving fibs, (no such luck, you ppl are stuck with me!) so I will make sure this one doesn't give any wrong impressions.  :)

Hugs to you all.

KissMyAss

TOURNEY ANNOUNCEMENT FROM KissMyAss: 

in ALL the tourneys that i run or co td for, I am NO LONGER doing one reset per player.   You're either online and ready to play at the start, or you will be timed out.

jeeves

We haven't had any PMT-fuelled moments of late, so thought I'd share this with you.......seems I've been spending a little too much time playing tourneys  :yes:

KissMyAss

KissMyAss

You know I don't believe in sharing pics of other people without permission....

But this lady takes the prize as the most wonderful fibster I know.   

http://akk.li/pics/anne.jpg

KissMyAss

A text convo I had today.  Apparently I'm no longer a TD.. geez, all I did was text him.   Not like I turned up on his doorstep... but only cos he's not in Australia!  *muahaha*

They see me trollin, they be hating!  :P

jeeves

I should be so lucky.........just wishful thinking  :lol:

BTW, my PC scanned you for viruses, and came back with an awfully long list   :jawdropper:  :s38:

KissMyAss

As if. 

Ya can't bs a bs'er hun.  :)

KissMyAss

Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who enters the Kiwi tourney either on a regular basis, and those who are newer to tourneys.   

I appreciate each and every one of you.   This tourney has progressed far better than my expectations when I first started running it over two years ago. 

See you all in the tourney later.  If you are new to tourneys, come and say hi in FIBS, and I'll help you into your first tourney.   I love it when new players come on board and become regulars. 

Hope to play against you soon.
Tash