News:

NEW! Get all Tourneybot Results from the new Board here: http://www.fibsboard.com/tourneybot-results/

Main Menu

Death of a loved one

Started by Amy, October 30, 2011, 10:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amy

Dear FIBSters,

It has been quite a long time since I have logged on to FIBS.  Probably 5 and a half years to be exact.  The main reason is that I got married to my soul mate, zdoc.  We have had the best life together anyone could imagine.  He had started having problems with his liver for a while.  We noticed it primarily after our honeymoon.  He was diagnosed with liver cirrhosis.  Through the past 5 and a half years, we have had our ups and downs of health.  On the 19th of October, he had a call saying there was a new liver for him.  We went in and were excited.  The surgery went great, except there was a clot in his heart.  The doctors couldn't save him.  He died at the young age of 42.  He will be missed greatly.  He was an amazing man and an even more amazing husband.  I'm taking it day by day.  Friends and family have surrounded us with love.  We'd appreciate prayers from those who will offer them. 

Best to you and yours,
Amy
Love.  It's what makes the world go 'round.

diane

This is tragic news, especially for one so young, and with suddenly so much to live for. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know, zdoc was a friend to all at FIBs for many years.

I am glad you had some time together at least, I know that would have made him very happy.

Of course you have our prayers, for strength to get through this time, and to move forward with the memories you built together.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

moonshadow

Amy, this is very sad news indeed and I'm reminded more and more of the fragility of life. I think in the past, if my memory serves me correctly, that I did play username zdoc a time or two.

Your story especially touched me as several years ago my wife was in the ICU on oxygen for 2 weeks because of blood clots in the lungs from a "routine" hysterectomy surgery necessitated by endometrial cancer (thankfully not metastasized).  At the time we were concerned about the cancer, but it was the blood clots that almost took her.

And since you asked for prayers for those that will give them, I'll give you a favorite of mine:

The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.

socksey

My deepest condolences, dear Amy.  Time will lessen your (and our) loss, be happy that you had the time you did with zdoc.  He was a very special person as are you. 

Hugggggggggggggggsssssssssss...................socksey

All the beautiful sentiments in the world weigh less than a single lovely action. - James Russell Lowell

vegasvic

Amy i am so sorry dear with this news . please don't be a stranger and come visit time to time .

you have my e-mail .

lewscannon

Hi Amy.

I haven't logged on to this site for months and wanted to know why Fibs wasn't up. To see this sad news of yours puts many things in perspective. I'm so sorry to hear about it and you have my deepest condolensces.

lews

spielberg

I was here to post an update on FIBS' absence but this sad news demands a more urgent response. Thanks for telling us it Amy. I'm sad to hear of zdoc's death. He was a nice guy, fun to play and will be missed. I can't pray as I'm agnostic but my thoughts are with you and as vic says do drop in on FIBS.

ech

I am so sorry Amy.  I remember fondly and miss both you and zdoc.  -ech

rollingfool

Condolences and comfort be with you in this time of mourning!  So sorry for your loss.

rf

yyy

Amy, I am so sorry for your loss. May your love for your husband and his love for you surround you always.

yyy