News:

want to modify your profile? -- top menu  here, then "modify profile" left menu- then "Forum Profile Information"

Main Menu

IS FIBS DOWN?

Started by garp_02, October 31, 2011, 07:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garp_02

Hi,

Is there a problem with Fibs as I can't connect?

It says 'unknown host'.

Regards,

Garp

Patti

The best place to find FIBS status is at http://twitter.com/fibsdotcom -- I update it whenever I learn of problems.

The short answer is yes.  I was notified this afternoon that it was down.  I'm out of town, so it almost certainly be down until tomorrow evening.

garp_02

maria

Quote from: garp_02 on October 31, 2011, 07:55:19 AM
Hi,

Is there a problem with Fibs as I can't connect?

It says 'unknown host'.

Regards,

Garp

Not sure if FIBS is still down, but melBG might be up. 
http://www.melbg.net/server.htm

zbilbo

Seems like a DNS related issue. fibs.com doesnt resolve right.

dns.kpmb.net & dns.fibs.com isnt responding kind of it seems.

If the need gets to big, I guess tigergammon.com might help out and relieve for some time....

vegasvic

tigergammon.dyndns-home.com     Try this we are all there ...

Very easy all you do is change the server address in pref's and leave the portal the same 4231

hartkegirl

Hi Vic,

For some reason when I connect to the Tiger Fibs, it goes through on connect but then at the end of the text scroll it says " you are disconnected". Why? Any suggestions?

Thanks Much
Deb

Tanika

tigergammon.dyndns-home.com... MAybe vic will host his first fun tourney for us? change your server to tigergammon.dyndns-home.com , register and log in the same as for FIBS. and ENJOY !
if I smile it's because  I already found someone else to blame......

vegasvic

Nice Job Tanika and a Very nice backgammon board ..

Patti

It's not really a DNS issue-- the DNS failure is the symptom not the cause.

I'm currently sitting in the Burbank airport waiting for my flight.  I'll fix it as soon as I possibly can.

Tanika

LOL.. stunning isn't it vicci ?.. a nice old man was good enough to share his board with us for the pic ;-)
if I smile it's because  I already found someone else to blame......

spielberg

Patti's flight back to SF has been delayed a couple of hours hence the reappearance of the FIBS server will be LATE this evening SF time. Given what I know of Patti I suspect her first act when she arrives home will be to turn on the kettle for some caffeine and then, rather than collapsing into an armchair as would most, she'll reboot the PC that runs FIBS. Meanwhile I'm of to Tigergammon!

moonshadow

Quote from: hartkegirl on October 31, 2011, 01:41:27 PM
Hi Vic,

For some reason when I connect to the Tiger Fibs, it goes through on connect but then at the end of the text scroll it says " you are disconnected". Why? Any suggestions?

Thanks Much
Deb

Perhaps you didn't register on the server? You need to register an account there first.

FIBS and tigergammon run on two different servers.

nace

Quote from: Patti on October 31, 2011, 08:06:16 AM
The best place to find FIBS status is at http://twitter.com/fibsdotcom -- I update it whenever I learn of problems.

The short answer is yes.  I was notified this afternoon that it was down.  I'm out of town, so it almost certainly be down until tomorrow evening.

Thank you for the info, I hope you guys will get it running soon.

Patti

There's no "you guys"... there's just me.  I'm the chief cook and bottle washer, network engineer, janitor, and customer service.

When I landed at SFO I was supposed to head to the office, but I went home instead.  I found the problem and put in a temporary fix, and now FIBS is back up.  I expect to do some maintenance tonight that will require a very brief (1-2 minute) outage, while I put in a permanent fix.

campoly

Any word yet? When I try to connect it say "connected" but then at the bottom it says "access denied" "you are disconnected". Just wondering if it is something wrong with my settings or if fibs is still down. BTW, thanks for all you do Patti!

diane

FIBs is fine, 'access denied' means either your password or username is entered incorrectly [assuming you werent badly behaved enough to get yourself a ban  ;) ]

If your username and password are being entered automatically by your interface, retype them, sometimes they get corrupted.

If you can't remember your password, you are a bit stuffed, but try Patti anyway, there may be *something* that can be done, if you entered a valid email address with your username.

Your interface may also remember it, if you can find a way to unlock that information, it may either remind you what your password is, or tell you the actual password.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

campoly

Thanks for the help Diane!