News:

"Fibsboard allows for more considered reading and response, whereas Fibs shout is a more intuitive interaction"

Main Menu

FIBS 20th

Started by Tom, July 08, 2012, 02:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

On Thursday FIBS.com tweeted https://twitter.com/FIBSdotcom/
:feest005:
Quote from: twitter/FIBS.comFIBS will celebrate its 20th birthday on July 19 of this year. How will you celebrate?
It should be no surprise that MY first reaction was "Have a Tourney!" :shocking:

Patti is also graciously donating a FIBS T Shirt!

Then I got thinking (dangerous, I know) let's get a whole bunch of prizes and make it a week of winning!

We can have prizes (TBD) for the weekly winner of the TPR and for each tourney series, like the Kiwi, Tampa 7's
and the daily 3/5's.

The best options I have found are at FlintBG http://www.flintbg.com/boutique.html#anchor6851622

If you would like to contribute anything, let me know!

They should be small, so I can ship them cheaply and easily. Some prizes will be going to Europe and Australia!

Tom

Tom

There are 26 weekly tourneys, could we possibly get enough prizes to have one prize for each tourney?

That would be *very* cool!

Tom

diane

Sounds good - I will make a donation - we will talk :-)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

Quote from: diane on July 08, 2012, 09:21:46 PM
Sounds good - I will make a donation - we will talk :-)

We talked and Diane had a GREAT IDEA!

If anyone who wants to make a donation contacts me I will make a list in the first post of what has been offered.

You can be named or anonymous, gifts can be $5, $20 or equal share up to $50. Any amount will help!
Honestly I would rather have 20 x $5 donations than 2 or 3 $50 donations, the more people involved the better.

Including shipping we will need about $350 I think. I am hoping to get the key rings at a slight discount (26, one for each tourney)
and I would like to engrave them "FIBS 20th" if possible.

Tom

Tom

• Patti an Original FIBS T Shirt - Blue L or XL
  • Carol Joy Cole (Flint BG) Backgammon T Shirt, size TBD
  • Tom $50 (Mostly Shipping costs)
  • Diane Equal Share up to $70

The more that are in, the less each person needs to send.

Even $5 helps a LOT!

To be added just PM me and I will be happy to add you by name or anonymously.

When the time comes I will let you know how much to send (paypal) where.

I can get these key rings for $10 each, stamped "FIBS 20th" and I really like them!

Tom

diane

They are nice for a small commemorative gift - for sure :-)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

New updated list

• Patti an Original FIBS T Shirt - Blue L or XL Thanks!
  • Carol Joy Cole (Flint BG) Backgammon T Shirt, size TBD Thanks!
  • Tom $50 $70
  • Diane Equal Share up to $70 Thanks!
  • anonymous - 501 Essential BG Problems by Bill Robertie Thanks!
  • jeeves - up to $20 $30 ! Thanks!
  • manxcat - Patti and Kit's book "52 great backgammon tips" Thanks!
  • KissMyAss - $30 (*) Thanks (*)
  • Toado - $5 Thanks!
  • Linus - $10 Thanks!!
  • wildeman - $20 Thanks!
  • sixtie - $20 Thanks!
  • saukriver - 5 copies "Backgammon for Blood" Thanks!

That is $255, leaves $5 for all 26 Tourneys!!!

The more that are in, the less each person needs to send.

$5 will finish us off!

To be added just PM me and I will be happy to add you by name or anonymously.

When the time comes I will let you know how much to send (paypal) where.

Tom

KissMyAss

I'll happily jump in on this.  I really want one without having to go hard out trying to win a tourney, so I'll pay for one for me, on top of what I donate.  :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

manxcat

Tom, check into drop shipping from the supplier, so you are not paying for shipping twice. Perhaps those who donate other items will ship, themselves, as well. A Euro donor could ship within Europe, USA within USA, to lower shipping costs.
I will donate, and ship to the winner,  Patti and Kit's book "52 great backgammon tips"
:yes:
I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.

Tom

Quote from: manxcat on July 10, 2012, 05:56:04 PM
Tom, check into drop shipping from the supplier, so you are not paying for shipping twice. Perhaps those who donate other items will ship, themselves, as well. A Euro donor could ship within Europe, USA within USA, to lower shipping costs.
I will donate, and ship to the winner,  Patti and Kit's book "52 great backgammon tips"
:yes:

Thanks!

I can ship first class within the USA for $1-$2, most stores the shipping starts at $5, and yes I am planning on shipping a single box to various countries. Once we know who gets what, I am sure I can ship to one winner who can ship the others out locally!

This brings up another thought I was having, how to let players pick their prizes...

Maybe let the donor say which tourney they want the prize for...

Keep THOSE PRIZES COMING!!!

Tom

Tom

Thanks to jeeves and KissMyAss!

We only need 5 people to offer $20 each and we have enough to get all 26 key chains!

Tourneys start Monday with the "Week In" tourney!

Ok I'll kick in another $20 to match Diane's contribution!

Now we only need 4 more people to offer $20

tom

KissMyAss

Woohoo Jeeves!   Awesome darlin! 

Now i know there's a lot of you out there who can afford more than a broke solo mother on frig all.....    I challenge my Kiwi tourney regs to match or better me!   Don't make me have to threaten the boobage removal!    Cos I'll do it..... 

SAVE THE BOOBAGE!!

Hugs
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

Tom

Quote from: KissMyAss on July 12, 2012, 07:08:27 AM
Now i know there's a lot of you out there who can afford more than a broke solo mother on frig all.....    I challenge my Kiwi tourney regs to match or better me!   Don't make me have to threaten the boobage removal!    Cos I'll do it..... 

SAVE THE BOOBAGE!!

I fear we may lose the boobage today!

tom

captainmubbers

Quote from: Tom on July 14, 2012, 01:03:38 PM
I fear we may lose the boobage today!

tom

Faints with shock    :ohmy:
Riding on a high and windy day

Tom

Quote from: captainmubbers on July 14, 2012, 07:39:07 PM
Faints with shock    :ohmy:

When you fainted did you happen to drop $5 into your paypal?

Hey a man can try!!!

tom

garp_02

Can we finish the FibstyTen tourney before we consider starting new ones?  :sleep:

Tom

Quote from: garp_02 on July 14, 2012, 10:44:36 PM
Can we finish the FibstyTen tourney before we consider starting new ones?  :sleep:

We're not starting a new tourney, we are just giving away prizes next week to the 26 weekly tourneys that we already have.

Tom

Tom

I would like to thank everyone for their donations!

This is going to be a fun (crazy) week!

It turns out that we ended up with 7 books donated, so each daily TPR winner will receive a book!
So EVERYONE better play them ALL!!! :)

The winner of each tourney will be able to receive a BG Key Chain that is stamped "FIBS 20TH"

In the likely event that someone wins more than one tourney, they will have the option of offering their key ring to the runner up,
if the runner up has one already then the key ring will go to the player that was the runner up when they got their key ring.
This is so that it would be possible for a Monday/etc runner up to get a key ring.

Here is a list of the other prizes when how they are earned:

• Original FIBS T Shirt - Winner of Thur3/5 (FIBS 20th Birthday)
  • 52 great backgammon tips by Patti and Kit - TPR Winner Monday
  • Backgammon For Blood - TPR Winner Tuesday
  • Backgammon For Blood - TPR Winner Wednesday
  • Backgammon For Blood - TPR Winner Thursday
  • 501 Essential BG Problems by Bill Robertie - TPR Winner Friday
  • Backgammon For Blood - TPR Winner Saturday
  • Backgammon For Blood - TPR Winner Sunday
  • Backgammon T Shirt (BG in 7 languages) from Flint BG - TPR Winner of the week

The T Shirt winners will need to give me their size preference as well.

I really wanted a nicer prize for the TPR Winner of the Week, I have a few unanswered emails, so there is hope :)
Suakriver may send the BG For blood books from Amazon.
So if there is a Great Book you would be willing to send that may be a reasonable way, especially for the Amazon Prime members (free shipping)

If YOU have something that would be fitting please let me know!!

I may revise this list slightly if there is an obvious blunder in my thinking...

Tom

manxcat

Good plan for the multi winners Tom...
I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.

manxcat

UHH what is TPR please?