News:

want to modify your profile? -- top menu  here, then "modify profile" left menu- then "Forum Profile Information"

Main Menu

FIBS 20th

Started by Tom, July 08, 2012, 02:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Quote from: manxcat on July 23, 2012, 02:38:54 PM
__SUPER__MOM__ won the Sunday Tampa 7 at 9. go Robin..

Yes congrats!

But the Birthday week was running the UTC week, so the Bloody Mary was the last tourney of the week.

Tom

manxcat

Don't remember seeing that distinction in any posts on this thread.  There seem to be 27 tourneys now that i have actually counted them.   Why would you not have started it on Sunday last with the Tampa?  Not trying to be snarky, but last nights' Tampa was incredibly well attended with the expectation of winning the final key chain.  But i do believe the shouts said Last chance to win a key chain, so join the tourney. 
Oh well. It's your ball game.

Thank you for your generosity, in all ways, time, donation, etc.  We do Love you Tom
I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.

Tom

Quote from: manxcat on July 23, 2012, 08:06:02 PM
Don't remember seeing that distinction in any posts on this thread.

Yes maybe it was one of the voices in my head...

But It was designed to follow the TPR week which is here: http://www.fibsboard.com/tourneybot-results/weekly-tpr-summary-preview/msg31512/#msg31512 plus the two Bago's is 26 tourneys.

There was one that was run manually that was a re-gifting by diane since she won 4 times!

Sorry for the confusion!

Tom

manxcat

As part of last nights registration announcements it was clearly stated that it was the last chance to  win a key chain. And in your head, intentions are all great.  but if you do not state the one particular tourney is not included, and you did not,  you stated the Tampa 7's at 9 - did not qualify that the last one would not be included - and that though there are 27 tourneys only 26 would count - and never posted a link to the TPR week, nor even said it would be run according to that schedule with sunday not included - well why would anyone think it was.... and arrange to give it their last shot.
Yeah i know ignorance of the law does not preclude innocence but at least laws are written down. But this was Not written anywhere, and as much as we like to think we can get into someone's head, i know of no actual mind readers...
It seems so arbitrarily Patti of you.  Although Patti, if you do not know the rules, will give you benefit of the doubt.

Sorry but : Sorry for the confusion!

Tom

really looks like crap in the end...

I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.

Tom

Where is 27 tourneys coming from? I only ever said 26 tourneys

I only raised $185 for 26 Key Chains (@ $10/each), I also kicked in $75 myself (NOT including any postage!!)

WHO WAS SAYING THAT THAT WAS THE LAST TOURNEY?

MAYBE THEY have a Key Chain to offer!

I'll have to talk to the two players that are effected by this confusion, and figure out what is fair.

Thanks for so graciously pointing this out to me and thanks for your donation as well.

Tom

manxcat

I was not gracious, sorry - i am a bit of pit bull on inequities, but it was posted as the last chance...
I did thank you for your investments of time and money.
and i know you said 26, but as it turns out there are 27. but when someone says for ALL 26 regular tourney's, one imagines that the someone knows how many there really are or explains the reason for the discrepancy so others do not expect a regular event to not be included. especially when it had not been stated anywhere that one regular tourney is not included.  ;;-))

diane

I dont think Sat night fever runs anymore..I haven't seen it in ages.

If that one was included..then it would be 27..without it, there are 26..24 Tourneybot tourneys and 2 bago [including the final Tampa]

I think this is where the 26/27 confusion came in...I wasn't counting Saturday night fever...

This could all be my fault..but it may yet be ok...  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Tom

Yes, the Sat Night Fever has not run in ages and was not counted.

I think I have a solution.

It turns out guitartornado won two copies of Backgammon for Blood so we have an extra prize to offer.

I am still working out the details and I will talk directly to Linus and __SUPER_MOM___/__RHOSEISLAND_USA__ to sort
who wants which prize.

Here is what happened.

I made a mistake when doing the daily posts by waiting until the Tampa 7's were done to post.

Then mid-week I looked at the TPR and saw that the FIRST tourney of the week was the previous Tampa 7's.

I then told Linus he won a prize, not fully considering the end of the week.

We'll get it all worked out and I am sure everyone will be happy.
(mumbles... "assuming  I can get this damn cat off my back!")

ooops DID I say that OUT LOUD??? :)

(pass the catnip, "Here kittie, kittie, kitty")

Frankly if this is the largest mistake made, I think it went off really well considering how little planning was done!
Of course now I have to mail all this stuff!!

I will update the Sunday winners list

Tom

diane

That all sounds great, thanks Tom  :cool:

manxcat

You done great overall my friend ;;-)) purrrr0x00x0

Tom

Tom

Tom

KissMyAss

;) @ inim*     My precioussssss......
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

Tom

Ok!

Key Chains to the following were mailed out today 1st Class Mail:

Mailed directly to:
praine, rebayona, Amy, magic_one, JackDaddy, Krazula, xupsico, KDP, SuperMom, MacMom, sixtie

Mailed to manxcat (aka TG) to add her book donation and forward to Jeeves/UK
Jeeves, fewd, stog, truckergirl

When a book arrives here then I will forward to Austrailian winner and when a T Shirt arrives I will send the rest.

Tom

rebayona

My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

Tom

Quote from: rebayona on August 12, 2012, 07:41:18 PM
Thank you guys!

You are welcome!

Thanks for playing!

The shipment to Europe went out last week and it may arrive this week or early next.
Then the individual key chains will be re-mailed out.

Tom

diane

A parcel arrived here today  :jump: :jump: :applaus: :applaus:

I shall aim to send a sub parcel up QLD way tomorrow  ;)

KissMyAss

My very own, my precioussss.....

Actually, funny thing about that... i do have an imitation ring from the movie... fairly heavy thing, with the writing around the outside of the band. :)   

Hugs
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

diane

Your preciousssss is on its way..being carried by a Hobbit I know to be as reliable a Hobbit as you can find in these parts...I have double clarified it is to be left with you..and not accidentally chucked into a volcano he may find on the way, so I am optimistic...as long as he doesnt find the enchanted Inn, we are all good.

Oh btw..have you seen the Big Bang Theory Episode about The precioussss?  It is about as geeky as humour gets...I laughed so much, tears were running down my face!