News:

check out the new Small ads section (Menu top left of  front page ... Snowie 4! SOLD!!!!advertise on fibsboard and turn all that "hanging around software "into ready cash -- small ads just £5!!!

Main Menu

Connection problems

Started by webrunner, August 15, 2004, 06:41:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrunner

Dear fellow fibsters.

This weekend we had major problems on our datacenter with multiple problems making   thousands of website unreachable or very slow.  First one of the Air conditioning units cooling all the servers and  the main routers, broke down. This not really a problem since we have a backup unit. The a DDos attach on one of our clients made one of our main routers go crazy. On top of that.. the second arconditioning broke down.. leaving us with only one unit to spare.

Now it is all allright and fixed.. and all sites are online again.
I think this was a late friday the 13th, never did we have this problem.
The fibsboard server (wich also runs tourneybot) was never offline, only the main router didn't leave much traffic pass to it, due to heat problems and a DDos attack (Not Triple-X in case anyone is wondering ;) )

Normally i have a backup machine for Toruneybot here at home, but since the bot was still online i couldn't let the other one log in.

Anyway.. it has been quite a weekend  :wacko:
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

socksey

Thank you for your efforts, webrunner!  ;)

socksey

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan