News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

Tampa Tourney

Started by KissMyAss, September 13, 2012, 02:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KissMyAss

I have been present to run a few Tampa tourneys this week, only to have them not run due to zero interest, or one player interest only.

So I'm running this poll, to get a feel for why people are not playing all of a sudden, and invite comments as well as voting, on what could be changed to entice you back to the Tampa.   

For myself, the matches are too long and I only register if a fourth participant is needed to allow the tourney to run.   

Please keep commentary on topic, this is a genuine request for feedback. 

Thanks.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

diane

I like the format for this tournament. It is the only one with longer matches, there are heaps of other events with short matches - and this is a great change.

I cant do league because I cant commit to the sheer number of matches to be organised and played, so I like this 'drop in and play when I can' event.

If it doesnt run sometimes, it really isnt a big deal - it is there if people want it, and if they dont, it is cancelled.

One thing is absolutely sure, no tournament will fit all players for time and matchlength - better to have a nice wide range of tourney types that people populate when they can, than to forever take it away because it is a bad time for some, or too long for some..

I would honestly suggest adding a 5/7 event somewhere that is a bit empty - if you feel that is a better size, than take away this one.

Thanks for being there and caring though KMA  :cool:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

KissMyAss

Heya d!    *bans diane from fibsboard*       :laugh:

Wasn't suggesting to get rid of it.... i said "to entice players back to the Tampa".  Although running a slightly shorter 5/7 somewhere else could be a good idea, but ONLY if I'd been the one to think of it.  Since it was you, nah.  :P

Just thought I'd open this convo here for a week, since its easier than trying to ask in shouts and get feedback from the Tampa players, when a lot of them aren't around at this time.  Cos I be smart and stuff!  :)

You're welcome.     

Hugs
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

diane

:dontknow:  :(

banned again....  :cry2:  :unhappy: :cry2:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

KissMyAss

Still plenty of time to vote ppl!