News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

My sweetheart sunray

Started by yyy, October 03, 2012, 05:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yyy

My sunray, my sweetheart. We were family for 22 years. I would tell him... May your eyes see only sunshine... and he chose the name sunray for fibs!

He was such a kindhearted person, wonderfully knowledgable, and respectful of others.

He loved to play backgammon so much. We spent many wonderful nights playing backgammon together. He was a member from the beginning of FIBS. I remember him playing on the first system with the old board that only had x's and o's. He loved the FIBS community.  He would tell me about the tourneys and what people said in the shouts. He never liked to miss a Saturday tourney.

I miss him terribly. We were each other's rock.
My heart is with you, sweetheart.
May you live forever in my heart and in the hearts of the fibsters.

He died on June 1, 2012. He was 49 years old, just a month before he would be 50.  It was a terrible accident. I was there, but was not part of the accident. It's been too painful to talk about, but I wanted to honor him here and to let the fibs community know.

Thank you fibsters for all your care for my sunray.

yyy

PersianLord

This is a truly terrible and saddening news for me. I was really shocked.

My friendship with sunray started very early since I joined FIBS in 2008 and we remained good friends until the last. We, together with mort, formed a team in the first Team League organized by Tomawaky and named it 'Ruthless Warriors'. (In the Beaver division) He was the best of us and had an astonishing wining ratio.

http://www.fibsboard.com/team-leagues/flg-tl-standings/

He was a solid player and was among the most successful players in many official tourneys, specially Socksey's 2-pt tourneys on Saturdays.

I miss him very much. Please accept my heartfelt condolences.

Rest In Peace sunray!

PL
The leftist's feelings of inferiority run so deep that he cannot tolerate any classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the rejection by many leftists of the concept of mental illness and of the utility of IQ tests.  - T.K

socksey

My most heartfelt condolences for your loss, yyy.  Sunray's absence will be a loss to everyone on FIBS.  He was a truly a remarkable person.

Sunray was my most dedicated tourney player and always supported me in whatever I did or said on FIBS.  I will miss him terribly.

R.I.P. dear sunray...........

socksey

Nothing is more honorable than a grateful heart. - Seneca

KissMyAss

My thoughts are with you at this sad time yyy, and thank you for having the strength to come and tell us all. 

He will be sorely missed, by all who knew him, and those of us still getting to know him. 

My condolances.

Hugs
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

Tanika

R.I.P. dear sunray........... you will be missed my friend. SYOTOS.

Charlie
if I smile it's because  I already found someone else to blame......

Schigolch

That's shocking news, yyy, and truly sad!
Sunray and I played many matches over the years, and  I will remember him as a good and fair player. While we were no close friends, he was on my list of players of interest.
Lots of strength to you, yyy. With all the grief you're in now, always remember: Life goes on for us, until our time has come.
Schigolch

BGgreekplayer

I remember sunray as a descent,fair and good player.My condolences.