News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

World Cup selection

Started by dorbel, August 24, 2004, 07:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorbel

Quotefrom Zoeboy today While I agree with others' assessment that the damage of NIHILISTs' theoretical insults run deep, still, he has been a veritable oasis of civility in the present debate.
Zoeboy obviously didn't read the infamous "XXXXXXXXXX" post that Webrunner felt obliged to censor! Civil it weren't!

NIHILIST

Thanks, I think that clarifies everything.

NIHI
Robert J Ebbeler

zoeboy

There are people I indisputably despise. They lack morals, character, and honesty. They shame my name. In case you can't tell, I'm talking about Dorbel here. The first thing I want to bring up is that either Dorbel has no real conception of the sweep of history, or she is merely intent on winning some debating pin by trying to pierce a hole in my logic with "facts" that are taken out of context and conveniently "censored".

I should add parenthetically that I shall not argue that her forum postings are an authentic map of her plan to trivialize certain events that are particularly special to us all. Read them and see for yourself. How on earth these geeks can think of themselves as anything but dysfunctional, passive-aggressive rabble-rousers is beyond me. To sum it all up, Dorbel's avowal that she could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world cup than anyone else is all cant and hogwash.

EddieVedd

The Fibs World Cup continues as was originally planned and is nearing the end of the Team Selection stage. Tryout and I remain committed to hosting an enjoyable event for all who care to participate now and in the future. We will take the constructive suggestions made in this thread and modify the WC rules page to reflect these.

Nihilist i hope my red-herring offer has made you consider what it takes to commit to such an altruistic pursuit and i encourage you to start your own tourney at your leisure. Your subsequent posts again confirm to me, OUR decision to deem you not welcome to participate was justified, as have the dozens of supportive e-mails both tryout and i have received, pleading with us to continue. Dorbel's outstanding insight that you might be playing on your own was backed up by 96% of those who wrote to me, saying they would not take part if you were in charge.

Biggles, I assume you revert to your original decision to boycott. Is this correct?

Good luck to all who have qualified and i will post an update on a new thread when the last few confirmations are received, advising teams/tables, start/finish dates and the like :)

Sincerely,

EddieV.
[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

NIHILIST

I kinda like the part about the DAMAGE FROM MY THEORETICAL INSULTS running deep.

NIHI
Robert J Ebbeler

Tomawaky

QuoteThe Fibs World Cup continues as was originally planned...
GREAT :jump2:  
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Biggles

Just to reiterate......

I'm out of World Cup.  

Also want to reiterate how disappointed I am with EddieVedd.  Hey buddy, when you make grandiose statements about quitting and betting your weekly paycheck that nobody would pick up the pieces after you left, you should be a man and follow through on your big huge threats.  You got caught in your own crud, and now have to label it as a 'red herring'.  That's typical of the TD mentality around FIBS.  Have a nice World Cup running it with a substandard group of 3 below average US players.  It's really what you all wanted in the first place, right?

Sincerely,

Bigg  
[size=8]Winner of the inaugural Master League Tournament and countless other league and mini-tournaments......[/size]

tryout

QuoteHave a nice World Cup running it with a substandard group of 3 below average US players.
You didn't listen much in maths at school? "Below average" translates to lower than the arithmetic mean of something. Here would either apply the number of participants or the number of points overall accumulated in this month by US players. If the 2nd or even 3rd qualified player enters World Cup it's certainly above average.

"Substandard", also very nice. I guess you took the freedom to define yourself as standard? It looks like there remains the need to define in exactly which regard you see yourself as the standard.

GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team

NIHILIST

Eddie, all your " red-herring" post did was expose you for the petulant, whining little toad we all knew you to be. You ran a bluff, got it called, and gruppenfuhrer tryout had to come to your rescue.

Enjoy your tourney.

NIHI
Robert J Ebbeler

tryout

Quite some posts have piled up while I was away...

QuoteThe story so far.
(1) ...
It would be nice of you to inform yourself first before trying to post a summary of events. While it could've been worse you are missing quite a few important points. If it's too much of an effort to read the entire Team-brb thread I recommend the summary by Eddie.

[size=8] [/size]

tryout

The only things left to say:

Welcome back, Eddie! :)

I wish all participants and spectators a very pleasant and enjoyable FIBS World Cup!
  :jump:

[size=8] [/size]

Tomawaky

QuoteI'm out of World Cup.  
Have a nice World Cup running it with a substandard group of 3 below average US players.  It's really what you all wanted in the first place, right?
The fact that you don't want to take part is your choice, not ours, isn't it ?

And even if you have a better rating I think other players selected will fight for the best of their country.

All what we all really want in the first place, is just playing backgammon for fun, peacefull and if we can avoid flame it could be perfect.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

Kari_Grandi

QuoteThe fact that you don't want to take part is your choice, not ours, isn't it ?

The good words came from our leader. Lets not forget, that this is mainly Tomawakys show and he let us to keep our tourneys in his pages.

Lets stop this thread here and lets play BG!!

burper

QuoteThe only things left to say:

Welcome back, Eddie! :)

I wish all participants and spectators a very pleasant and enjoyable FIBS World Cup!
   :jump:
Now that NIHI and Biggles have declared themselves winners and created an excuse for never having to play, I am sure we will! everyone is happy.

diane

Quoteeveryone is happy.
And those who arent  can go play in the tourney nihi is running for that cash prize he is offering - gl to those players  ;)  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

klic

Quote... gruppenfuhrer tryout ...
And here he is again...

guess it doesn't need any further comment