News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2009 cheers! .....webrunner, stog, spielberg, dickbalaska, b8factor, jackdaddy, anonymouse, diane, dropper, zorba, papillon, fiftythree, ramses, adrian, FrankBerger, krakan and ah_clem

Main Menu

Trystman's Radio Show "WCCX Blues Train"

Started by Trystman, November 02, 2012, 09:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trystman

Fellow FIBSters,

I apologize to those who tried to catch my radio show (WCCX Blues Train) on Saturday October 27th.

The station had technical difficulties and lost its streaming capability. Please give me another chance and tune in for a rebroadcast of this special Halloween show on Saturday, November 3rd from 7-9 p.m. Central. Listen LIVE and WORLDWIDE at www.TuneIn.com or download the free application for your smartphone. PLEASE, PLEASE, if you like what you hear, send your comments to the station management at WCCX@Carrollu.edu and use the subject line "Blues Train".

Thank you in advance for listening.

Sincerely,
Trystman (aka Marko)

Trystman

This is me...Trystman (aka Marko), your host of the WCCX Blues Train. Yes, I'm replying to my own post. I waited until now to apologize yet again for the absence of our station's website @ WCCX.Carrollu.edu and streaming capabilities there and at www.TuneIn.com.

I waited until now because I was too hot last night. I must take a deep breath and remember that the website and this radio station are operated by college kids. I also need to remember that these kids should put their studies first.

That said, this is not how things work (or don't work) in the real world. If these kids were in the real world, which was what I thought this was all about, somebody would have their foot up their #$% about these deficiencies. This is the second Saturday in a row that the website and streaming was dead. I spend hours and hours preparing and promoting my show and this is what happens?

Thank you all for letting me vent for a bit and I hope you give me another chance. "Attempt" to climb on board the WCCX Blues Train every Saturday night from 7-9 p.m. Central from the Carroll University Station at 104.5 FM in Waukesha, Wisconsin USA. "Hopefully" you can tune in LIVE and WORLDWIDE at www.TuneIn.com or if the station's website is up @ WCCX.Carrollu.edu.

I will be spinning 45s on Saturday, November 10th for our special Old School R&B show. Thank you in advance for trying to tune in.

Sincerely,
Trystman (aka Marko)

socksey

I did tune in and I heard part of the show.   ;)  I'll try again next week.  Blues is my main thing, so you know I love it!

socksey

Astonishing! Everything is intelligent! - Pythagoras

Trystman

Socks...thank you so much for listening...

I began doing show prep at 4:40 a.m. this morning. Tune in tonight for the WCCX Blues Train Old School R&B Special...we'll be spinning some 45s ...that's 45 rpm records for those of you too young to know...they are made out of vinyl.

This genre-bending show will swing between R&B, Soul, Funk and some in between...you tell me...I get confused about all the various genres of music. I love music that defies classification.

You know this feeling of getting goosebumps when you hear a particular tune...I am on a never-ending search for those goosebumps. My biggest pleasure is to give YOU those goosebumps...if I succeed, let me know...I just love it!

Every week we feature new music in our Tiny Shelf Concerts. That's right, there's a tiny little shelf in the studio where the management stores brand new CDs. This music is so new it is not yet available to the general public. At the end of each hour we play three cuts in a row from one of these discs.

Tonight we feature a self-titled and self-released CD by Australian singer-songwriter, Shameem Taheri-Lee entitled "Shameem". Find out more about Shameem and her music at www.Shameemmusic.com.

Mark your calendar and join us every week for the WCCX Blues Train at 104.5 FM from the Carroll University Station in Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA. Tune in 7-9 Central for the best of the Blues, Blues-Rock, R&B and Rockabilly. Listen LIVE and WORLDWIDE at www.TuneIn.com or ride the Blues Train wherever you go by downloading their free app for your smartphone.

Thank you in advance for listening and please don't forget to send your comments and suggestions to wccx@carrollu.edu. This is your friendly conductor, Marko.

dorbel

There's only two kinds of music, the good stuff and the rest. Sounds like tryst plays the good stuff!

Trystman

dorbel,

Thank you so much for listening and your wonderful comment.

Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do for this week's show on November 24. Last week we did a "back-to-back" special alternating between Taj Mahal and Solomon Burke. I thought it worked out pretty well. So now I'm considering another one for this week.

Thank you again,
Trystman