News:

Biggest free backgammon community - members from over 150 countries. Play backgammon for free on Fibs.com and enjoy the community on fibsboard

Main Menu

Friday3 and Mini tourneys

Started by vegasvic, March 27, 2013, 08:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vegasvic

Since i have been blocked from responding to the NO BLIND thread i thought i would start a new one .

I never said socksey owned the tourney , just said she ran it for the longest of all the TD's . and she had the desire to have the final matches to be OPEN format . to get more people intersted .

I think she ran it before there was even a tourneybot . i am not 100% sure on this .

Like KMA said its much more enjoyable when there is a TD running it , the bot is only a tool.

I for one enjoy playing in a tourney that is run by a human and not a bot .

socksey

I ran Fri3 Tourneys from June 2009 - April 6, 2012 exclusively.  Before that time, there were many TD's.  You can find part of the archives of those tourneys here: 

http://www.fibsboard.com/fibsleagammon/info-about-f3/160/

Mini-Matches was started by Kari_Grandi and run by him with the help of Diane, then I was added in the mix, Kari dropped his TDship, then Diane a short time later dropped out.  Adrian ran Minis for a short while, then I ran Mini-Matches exclusively from June 2004 - April 7, 2012 with the exception of 3 weeks hosted by Adrian in the first couple of months of that period.  You can find Mini archives here: 

http://www.fibsboard.com/fibsleagammon/mini-matches/

Most of these tourneys were run by using TourneyBot, but that was before Tom added the timeout factor to TourneyBot.  The timeouts were done manually by the TD at that time. 

Tom asked me if I would allow him to put Fri3 and Mini-Matches on automated TourneyBot and I agreed to try it out.  I then became unhappy with some wrong timeout situations and ask him to remove my tourneys  from automated TourneyBot.  He did so, then asked me to try it again when he thought he had the problem fixed.  I agreed to try again, only to find out that the timeout problem still existed as it still did only a few weeks ago with a wrong timeout. 

I asked, nay, begged Tom to remove Fri3 and Mini-Matches from automated TourneyBot again, but he has refused.  I wanted to use Challonge.com for the brackets and leave the timing to me.  That all happened in April 2012 and I quit TDing at that time for reason of not having enough control.

In Tom's defense, he has worked hard to hone TourneyBot and has made some favorable changes that make it easier for the attending TD to extend times for players which will eliminate the wrong timeout problem if a TD is present and if notified.. 

This having been done recently, I am feeling better about the tourneys being with TourneyBot for the time being. 

socksey

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. - Charles Mingus

vegasvic

All i am saying for someone to be running a single tourney over 8 years or 10 years , running should have some say as to how they are RUN.

Respect the commitment that has been made . As i respect the hard work Tom has put into tourneybot .

In another note i think there is ZERO need for Repbot now days on fibs , with patti's new rules .

its just bullpucky.

socksey

And I might add...........much abuse and bullsh*t went along with that, not to mention degradation and more recently, the marginalization of my efforts!

The only thing that kept me going was the wonderful people who played Fri3 and Mini-Matches regularly and I thank you all for that.  You know who you are.........the good and the bad.

socksey

P.S.  The pay sucks, too!   :lol:

Sixty minutes of thinking of any kind is bound to lead to confusion and unhappiness. ~ James Thurber

vegasvic

God i am so GUILY giving you so much BULL as you put it about the mini matches :))

But i still think its a way of messing with the rating sytem , if the person that is playing a 2pt game has no clue .

I have come around and i LOVE 2pt matches :))

Come back socks and run it like you always have .. and don't let the Yappers get you down .

NIHILIST

QuoteThe only thing that kept me going was the wonderful people

Jesus, socksey makes that statement and Vic shows up. Did he really think she was talking about him ?

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

garp_02

Can someone please create a Tigergammon message board.

vegasvic

Garp ,

If you have a problem with our post's , i suggest that you do not open the thread . There are many threads in here  i NEVER open or CARE to read .

Seems you love to read them and to react to them .

Just sayin .

Again have a nice day .