News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

fibs euro real life meet up europe early september

Started by resh, June 28, 2013, 07:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resh

would anyone be interested in a fibs real life meet up somewhere in europe in semptember?

please post if you have ideas, can commit time to planning or attend.

best regards

resh

sorrytigger

There is a meeting (in planning) on September 21. 2013. It takes place in Hassloch, Germany.

Usually there are about 16 Fibsters and we organize a tourney, ttt, chouettes. The whole thing is mostly social. We all hand in some money to finance it (around €30). Playing skill is from 1500 to 2000, roughly. Visitors are 25 years to 55 in age, German speaking, I think we'd welcome visitors from abroad. (I would :)) For details ask andreas@tigergammon.com or even better, ask kawasaki on FIBS, who is organizing the whole event.

Then there is a meeting of "Hardys Backgammon Forum" http://www.hardyhuebener.de/forum/index.php?topic=3158.0 on the weekend of the 6th of september in a wonderful, yet pretty unknown part of Germany, the "Sauerland" close to Siegen, Germany. There a tournament is taking place on Saturday, sometimes we'll make it an offical one (on the German Tournament list). The whole weekend costs around € 120 including bed, food and fun. There are roughly 16 people there plus maybe family members. Participants are again 25-55 of age, German speaking, playing skill is rather 1700 to 2100. We had people from Netherlands and Switzerland on this event already (maybe even Denmark).

Questions? Ask me.

Andreas