News:

please ensure your email address is "up to date" in your fibsboard profile or personal messages won't get through -- thx
ps  you can set your email as non public

Main Menu

Krazy Kiwi Klassic Komplaint

Started by vegasvic, September 02, 2013, 01:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vegasvic

Of course you do not have interest if you like playing the power trip .

Everyone watching that match knew there was nothing said or done to justify your action .

and i dare you to  post any part of that kibitz that is against Tom and your rules .  :rules:

Here is what was said ...
You kibitz: ouch
You kibitz: not fair
You kibitz: 
diddywhat kibitzes: k :"
You kibitz: well done
diddywhat kibitzes: k very lucky so far
You kibitz: good luck with resh 
You kibitz: small hope vic
You kibitz: nope
You kibitz: 
You kibitz: 
diddywhat kibitzes: k thanks for the match if you doubles i'll cry]
You kibitz: could it be a dbl ?
You kibitz: pck
You kibitz: what do you think ?
You kibitz: 55 or the 44 ?

KissMyAss

Right at the end.... the kibitzes were like this...

vegas_vic kibitzes: small hope vic
vegas_vic kibitzes: nope
vegas_vic kibitzes: :(
vegas_vic kibitzes: :)
diddywhat kibitzes: k thanks for the match if you doubles i'll cry]
vegas_vic kibitzes: could it be a dbl ?
vegas_vic kibitzes: pck
vegas_vic kibitzes: what do you think ?
vegas_vic kibitzes: 55 or the 44 ?
pck kibitzes: you need to recube to make it a douvble            THIS LINE GETS LEFT OFF VIC's COPY OF THE KIBITZ's but was in MY copy when I emailed the situation to Tom and my resulting actions.    So to all those with your "KMA you did the wrong thing and should apologise"  and all your "poor hard done by Vic" messages are laughable.   Get the WHOLE story, not the STRATEGICALLY EDITED version.

Lets get the record straight.  You STOPPED PLAY on the LAST ROLL, and were given ADVICE right in front of me.  

The result was a ONE TOURNEY ban.   ONE.   You wanna make it more, fine by me.   You want me to apologise?   Go pee into a hurricane and try not to get wet.

End of discussion.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."  -  Bilbo Baggins (at his 111th Birthday party)

vegasvic

God i love this

NOW PATTI you jump in this one like you love jumping it to show me up ...

Yes i left that line out so you bring it up ...... .do you seriously think that if i doubled the dice would have given me the double ?

why dont you ask Patti ?

I knew it that was your reasoning and shows how crazy and stupid reason it is.  let me tell you if patti does not tell you .

the cube does not change the dice nor does pck or anyone .

that line of yours is what makes you look like  you  have no clue about what you speak of .

ASK ANYONE THAT PLAYS ON LINE < IF YOU CUBE YOU GET A DBL . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

now on another thread i said i have no problems with you banning me . that is your right .

but to give the reason you have here is nothing but bullpucky and makes you look bad . and makes you look real bad .

Have the guts to come and say "vic i really do not enjoy your company in my tourneys please do not register "  it would be the end of it .

Tom has the same right and so does luckydice .

until then enjoy playing and if you think that dbling when the cube is all ready past match point will change your dice you are mistaken DEAR !!

In my last parting ... did you add Ms KISS MY ASS  vic did not cube there ? no it did not suite your purpose to say i did not do what pck said .

BECAUSE THE MATCH WAS TO 3 AND CUBE WAS AT 4 FOUR THERE IS NO REASON TO CUBE BUT TO UPSET THE OTHER PLAYER AND RUN THE SCORE.

I ROLLED A 5/1 AND LOST . THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE END OF IT . NO YOU MADE IT INTO THIS .

MAYBE YOU AND TOM NEED TO GET TOGETHER AND GO OVER YOUR RULES .

Patti

Vic, what you should have gotten the ban for was giving advice to resh during a match.  That's a clear violation of tournament rules, even if:

- resh wouldn't take the advice
- it was bad advice
- it was a couple of rolls after the play that you were commenting on

So you got banned for the wrong thing (maybe), but you deserved a ban for something else.  It all comes out in the wash.

The ban was for one tournament.  Perhaps you can put aside your anger and take it as a warning that you're expected to follow the rules even when you don't want to.

vegasvic

Maybe patti? are you saying what pck said if i took his advice i would have gotten a dbl ?  :lol:

Resh match is not the point  ... if it was the point i would be fine with it .

Point is  she thinks that if i took pck advice and cubed after match point i would get my dbl .

One  tourney had nothing to do with the other ... now can you be WOMAN enough to say to KMA .. if vic cubed it would NOT have have changed anything ?
Me saying is it a 55 or a 44 was nothing but banter .

Who is angery ? sure as hell not me i find is funny and STUPID .  
what happend with resh and jpb has nothing to do with this . ZERO

I had talked to both jpb and tom about it .

I can see now its hopeless talking to you guys is like trying to talk to Gusss that bots do not cheat or control the dice ...

No way would my losing roll of 5/1 changed even if i took pck's advice the advice was a JOKE .. but i know KMA does not joke and she is a nice person and i am the villan . NONE of you will say that to her .
We will let KMA and Gusss go their own way  and think there is away to control fibs dice .

jeeves

fin ?
:laugh:

vegasvic

Oh i forgot to add this .

Anyone that is pissing in a hurricane dear is you ... if you think cubing after match point does jack..... s....!!

i dont expect anything from you , but if you are to run anything that has to do with backgammon at the least have a working knowledge of the game.

pck

Quote from: KissMyAss on September 02, 2013, 08:58:16 AM
Right at the end.... the kibitzes were like this...
[...]
vegas_vic kibitzes: could it be a dbl ?
vegas_vic kibitzes: pck
vegas_vic kibitzes: what do you think ?
vegas_vic kibitzes: 55 or the 44 ?
pck kibitzes: you need to recube to make it a douvble            THIS LINE GETS LEFT OFF VIC's COPY OF THE KIBITZ's but was in MY copy when I emailed the situation to Tom and my resulting actions.    So to all those with your "KMA you did the wrong thing and should apologise"  and all your "poor hard done by Vic" messages are laughable.   Get the WHOLE story, not the STRATEGICALLY EDITED version.

Here's what the above really means: Vic, when in dice whining mode (aka 98% of his waking time), sometimes says that especially lucky rolls will more likely occur after a cube has been given. [1] So when he, jokingly, asked "could it be a dbl? 55 or 44?" ("it" = the upcoming last roll -- he needed a big doublet to win), I, jokingly, replied that he needed to recube to make it one (because cubing, according to vic lore, manipulates the FIBS dice generator into giving lucky rolls).

It was a joke and I hope to have explained it to everyone's satisfaction.

Lets get the record straight.  You STOPPED PLAY on the LAST ROLL, and were given ADVICE right in front of me.

If you give it some thought, you'll find that the amount of advice it is possible to give someone right before he makes his last roll is rather limited.

"Hey vic, move all remaining checkers off if you get the chance." Is that worth a ban? Discuss.

End of discussion.

Never the end.

Love & hugs,
pck

---

[1] If anybody wants to comment on the truth of that, he/she should probably start a new thread. Start it in fibsboard limbo, it's going to end up there anyway.

vegasvic

Now you show up your trouble maker :)

And you were not suppose to tell them that you get a double after cubing . :)

I forgot i should have listen to you then rolled .. i guess since the TD was watching i just rolled .  :laugh4:

NIHILIST

Patti writes....
QuoteSo you got banned for the wrong thing (maybe), but you deserved a ban for something else.  It all comes out in the wash.

Vic is the poor man's O J Simpson. To amplify Patti's point, O J beat the murder rap but is in the slammer for robbery and kidnapping, maybe 33 years. Vic dodged one banning only to get another. I haven't been at FIBS, but I'm sure it was well deserved.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

vegasvic

:funnypost:

It was nice to see the usual suspects show up and make this a little bit more fun .

socksey

Quote from: Patti on September 03, 2013, 12:03:33 PM
Vic, what you should have gotten the ban for was giving advice to resh during a match.  That's a clear violation of tournament rules, even if:

- resh wouldn't take the advice
- it was bad advice
- it was a couple of rolls after the play that you were commenting on

So you got banned for the wrong thing (maybe), but you deserved a ban for something else.  It all comes out in the wash.

The ban was for one tournament.  Perhaps you can put aside your anger and take it as a warning that you're expected to follow the rules even when you don't want to.

I'm sorry, Patti, but this is totally skewed IMHO.  I don't think vic should have been banned for either of the alleged offences.  The rules state that kibitzing in tourney play is discouraged.  That's not quite the same thing as not allowed.  If you don't want anyone kibitzing in a match, then do the programming we talked about that only allows whispering by watchers.   That still would not disallow the players from kibitzing with each other.  And..........if a player is disturbed by kibitzing, he can gag the offender

I don't get it.  Is this kindergarten?  Must we stand in a corner if we've misbehaved by kibitzing for God's sake?  Most of us are adults here after all.  If cheating is the intent, we have "tell" where cheating could go on and no one would be aware of it.  Honestly, I don't see how cutting someone's tongue out within a match can benefit anyone. 

There are many people on Fibs who have become close friends over years of playing on Fibs.  They enjoy kibitzing within a match while playing and watching.  It's called FUN.  If too many restraints are placed, playing becomes far less fun and more worry about what can and cannot be done or said while playing.  Someone I was playing today and I were having a chat during a tourney match and we both commented on how much less fun we are having these days on Fibs because of the restrictions. 

Seriously, I think we need to lighten up and have more fun.

socksey

“What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.”― Salman Rushdie, from KDP

moonshadow

Quote from: pck on September 03, 2013, 07:34:03 PM
Here's what the above really means: Vic, when in dice whining mode (aka 98% of his waking time), sometimes says that especially lucky rolls will more likely occur after a cube has been given. [1] So when he, jokingly, asked "could it be a dbl? 55 or 44?" ("it" = the upcoming last roll -- he needed a big doublet to win), I, jokingly, replied that he needed to recube to make it one (because cubing, according to vic lore, manipulates the FIBS dice generator into giving lucky rolls).

It was a joke and I hope to have explained it to everyone's satisfaction.

Thank you pck for providing a clear English translation of this. You will no doubt be called upon to interpret when this matter goes before the International Court of Justice at The Hague.

I also eagerly await your translation of Wittgenstein into Viclish.

diane

Quote from: socksey on September 04, 2013, 12:09:15 AM
if a player is disturbed by kibitzing, he can gag the offender

Honestly, I don't see how cutting someone's tongue out within a match can benefit anyone. 

Someone I was playing today and I were having a chat during a tourney match and we both commented on how much less fun we are having these days on Fibs because of the restrictions. 

Gagging will of course stop the watcher being able to watch too - which may well be an added bonus. Discouraged, not banned yes...and there is some discretion there as always..if you do it, be aware you may end up on the wrong end of that discretion.

Some players really dont like it and find it distracting, they should not be forced to put up with chit chat that they find distracting. The point is, discretion..

There is always tigergammon - you can do what you want there  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Patti

Gagging someone does not block them from watching a match.  In order to stop someone from watching, you have to blind them.

Gag will not block kibitzes from your opponent.  In fact, there is no way on FIBS to silence your opponent.  The theory is that you shouldn't play someone you aren't willing to hear from.

FIBS tournament rules prohibit getting advice from a watcher in a tournament.  They don't specify that it has to be *good* advice.

I still think vic's ban should have been for kibitzing advice to resh.  That was much farther over the line than his interchange with pck.  Nonetheless, a one-tournament ban is a very minor issue, and doesn't deserve the amount of attention that it's been getting.  I'm pretty sure the horse is already dead.  If vic or anyone else doesn't like the way a particular tournament director rules, then they should vote with their feet and not play in those tournaments.

diane

Quote from: Patti on September 04, 2013, 12:16:23 PM
Gagging someone does not block them from watching a match.

Depends how you do it, the fibs gag doesn't, no..but very few people use that approach.

Agreed, wayyyyyyyy too much attention.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

vegasvic

This all makes me LAUGH !!

GET THIS POINT AND ONLY POINT HERE THAT IS NEEDED !!!

I WAS ON MY LAST ROLL .... I SAID "pck 44 or a 55 here ?"

I ROLLED AND ROLLED A 5/1 LOST .. END OF F____KING STORY !!

YOU THINK THAT DESERVES A 1 DAY BAN OR A 1 MIN BAN I REALLY COULD GIVE A FLYING F____K !

I DO NOT AND YES I VOTE WITH MY FEET .. AND I HAVE !!

This is no different than you taking peoples shouts away or kicking them out of fibs , its your SERVER , its KMA tourney i am fine with it .

But i am not fine with the reasoning . its stupid and all it does is show her lack of understanding of this game , and just goes and reads Tom's rules and thinks this is a case of Pck helping me with my last roll .

SERIOUSLY YOU ALL DO MAKE ME LAUGH AND AS WE KNOW WE ALL DO NEED A GOOD LAUGH NOW AND THEN !!

socksey

Quote from: Patti on September 04, 2013, 12:16:23 PM
Gagging someone does not block them from watching a match.  In order to stop someone from watching, you have to blind them. (in javafibs putting them on your villian's list will both blind and gag)

I still think vic's ban should have been for kibitzing advice to resh.  That was much farther over the line than his interchange with pck.  Nonetheless, a one-tournament ban is a very minor issue, and doesn't deserve the amount of attention that it's been getting.  I'm pretty sure the horse is already dead.  If vic or anyone else doesn't like the way a particular tournament director rules, then they should vote with their feet and not play in those tournaments.  (it should be made clear that in the critique, not advice, in resh's match was given after the play was made)

Yes, too much attention may have been given to this subject, but it's going to happen again and I think it should be hashed out here in order that everyone is clear.

socksey

"You have not converted a man because you have silenced him." - John Morley, contributed by KDP

vegasvic

The DEAD HORSE could have saved a few less kicks in the side , if KMA would  have said sorry a mistake was made .

And moved on ... the reason the poor dead horse is getting kicked is because that is not being SAID .

Again Ms Patti this has nothing to do with the match i was watching resh play .

I say again i did not say anything about a move or a play ... after about 3 rolls i said in kibitz where both players can see and learn .

"resh you will pay in this match for not making your 5 point "

go ahead ban me for that .. i am fine with it plus the resh comment was not EVEN in KMA"s tourney . But ban me for asking a watcher if my next roll will be a 44 or a 55 ?

That is my point . one had nothing to do with the other .

spielberg

I'd like to thank both moonshadow and pck for interesting additions to the debate.

It's good to be back and see the usual ........