News:

check out the new Small ads section (Menu top left of  front page ... Snowie 4! SOLD!!!!advertise on fibsboard and turn all that "hanging around software "into ready cash -- small ads just £5!!!

Main Menu

Abuse of this forum

Started by webrunner, October 03, 2004, 02:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrunner

Dear Fibsboard users,
In my constant battle against abuse of this forum i have yet met another enemy that is  out to destroy whatever fun we are having here. As you might all know by now i have  disqualified Triple-X from the Fibsie award because i had a suspicion that the results where tampered with, and as it turned out that suspicion was right.

This evening i did some research on the vote-log and i saw that there was one IP
address that had voted at least 8 times. I ran the Ip address to the user dayabase and it  came up with at least 8 user accounts, all using this address. I then looked at other ip addresses these users used and came up with the same 8, every time...

This means that someone has been deliberatly violating the Fibsboard rules by creating multiple accounts, lately even using existing fibs names of fibs users that are not registered here on fibsboard (yes they exist! ;) )
This person has been influencing the Fibsie poll and all other current polls (yes.. almost all of them).

I will close down the Fibsie award poll for september 2004. I have banned the accounts that were used for the voting and banned all the ip adresses that this person used (no, it wasn't Triple_X).

I will take appropriate actions to prevent behaviour like this.
I just can not understand what motivates people to do stuff like this?
can anyone please try and explain that to me?

A somewhat disillusioned Webrunner
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

NIHILIST

Oh, my, loss of innocence is such a terrible thing to witness. I just can't imagine anyone tampering with anything as valuable as the FIBSie Award.

NIHI
Robert J Ebbeler

hypnosa

QuoteOh, my, loss of innocence is such a terrible thing to witness. I just can't imagine anyone tampering with anything as valuable as the FIBSie Award.

NIHI
You totally miss the point here nihi. But well, what else can I expect from you  :angry:  
Check my new website: www.vrouwenpower.nl